Author Topic: How do I prompt a Save Link As or Force the download?  (Read 2692 times)

djtipz

How do I prompt a Save Link As or Force the download?
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:11:56 am »
hi guys,
just installed the plugin and loving it so far it meets my needs perfectly....thanks  :D :D :D :D

i have a couple of things i want to some help with though..

Firstly i want the download link to prompt a save as pop up or for the link to just start the download automatically after clicking download...
How can I do this??? as we all know not everybody knows how to right click save as, as depressing as it is...and clicking on download just tends to open the link in a new window.......

Secondly id like to add a subscribe link to my itunes, to this list of links.. e.g.
Podcast: Subscribe | Play In New Window | Download (109.2MB)

I know the basics about html, so I was just wondering if you could tell me where the code is located? So i can add it in....

Thanks In Advance
Richard

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: How do I prompt a Save Link As or Force the download?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:44 am »
1. You don't for all practical purposes. This topic has been discussed here: http://forum.blubrry.com/index.php?topic=1694.0

2. Such option has been added to the future TODO list. We have a plugin for putting this information in the sidebar: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/subscribe-sidebar/

djtipz

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »
hi thanks for the reply, iv looked at the screen shots for this plugin and although it looks very effective, it creates a box in my sidebar,
which unfortunately is not what im looking for, one reason being my template dont support sidebar widgets....
i was just hoping to keep it all together by adding a subscribe link in to the options below the player just by using code like this:

Player

Podcast: Subscribe | Play In New Window | Download (109.2MB)

please can you help me to add this to my options ... im not bothered about having it in the dashboard control, just want it to be there..
thanks again

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:05 am »
Like I said, such feature in PowerPress is on the feature TODO list, all we have at the moment is the Subscribe Sidebar plugin. Keep an eye out for PowerPress 3.0 release.

djtipz

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »
o ok i just thought there might have been a quick way to do it, i look forward to the update, again thank u and the team for a great plugin

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 04:26:19 pm »
Just an update on this subject, Chrome, Firefox and Opera now support the HTML5 download attribute, which is built into PowerPress download links. IE is considering adding this feature to Internet Explorer. They are prioritizing features based on public voting. I strongly encourage everyone who cares about this issue to go to the following link and place as many votes as you can (up to 3 I believe) for this feature to be added in future versions of IE.

IE download attribute voting: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/257854-internet-explorer-platform/suggestions/6261278-a-download-attribute