Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Blubrry PowerPress WordPress Plugin => Topic started by: Susan Hanaford on August 21, 2018, 06:04:01 pm

Title: My client wants to change her website url
Post by: Susan Hanaford on August 21, 2018, 06:04:01 pm
Hi Shawn! Longtime no chat!

A past client is re-branding and is going to change her website url from www.wildlyaliveweightloss.com to www.wildlyalive.com

Can you fill me in on what needs to be done as far as her PowerPress plugin/itunes (or apple podcast) etc..... to make it all work?
Probably a setting in her PP settings as well as in her itunes podcast dashboard?

Sorry, I've been out of this stuff for a bit so I'd really appreciate your insight!
Thanks Shawn :-)
Title: Re: My client wants to change her website url
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on August 21, 2018, 10:25:52 pm
If she's just mapping the new domain to an existing website, then all that needs to be done is to make any necessary adjustments to the PowerPress settings. For example, in the Feeds tab, you may want to change the Show Title (Feed Title) setting to reflect any changes in the name.

Other than that, if your client's podcast RSS feed URL will change, you'll want to redirect the old feed URL to the new feed URL:
https://create.blubrry.com/manual/syndicating-your-podcast-rss-feeds/changing-your-podcast-rss-feed-address-url/

If your client is setting up an entirely new site, then just set up the PowerPress plugin on the new site as you did on the first site. You'll still need to redirect the old feed URL to the new feed URL if you want to retain current subscribers. Implementing the redirect should also auto-update syndication points like Apple Podcasts, etc. to use the new feed URL.