Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Help Me Out => Topic started by: Lee Ann Hopkins on July 30, 2018, 01:49:30 pm

Title: New Episodes not appearing in Stitcher, TuneIn, etc.
Post by: Lee Ann Hopkins on July 30, 2018, 01:49:30 pm
Hey there!  I took a two-month hiatus from podcasting and started again a couple of weeks ago.  I did what I thought was my usual routine for publishing my episode on WordPress.  Everything looked fine on Apple Podcasts.  But I went to Stitcher, Blubrry, TuneIn and the others and nothing appeared.  My latest episode was from March, 2018 according to these directories.  Did I do something wrong?  Did the protocols change...or did I just completely forget how all of this is done?  (But I couldn't have been that far off since it WAS published on Apple podcasts!)  Thanks for any help!  My podcast site is www.hoorayweekly.com .
Title: Re: New Episodes not appearing in Stitcher, TuneIn, etc.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on July 30, 2018, 02:24:35 pm
Your show's Blubrry directory listing has picked up your most recent episode. If the other two platforms (TuneIn and Stitcher) are still behind, you'll need to contact support for those services and ask them to refresh your listing. Most of these services have algorithms that are used to keep your listings up to date. When they notice a feed has stopped publishing new episodes, they may stop checking those feeds altogether, or they may check those feeds with less regularity.

You can contact TuneIn here:
https://help.tunein.com/contact

You'll have to e-mail Stitcher:  content@stitcher.com