Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Podcast FAQ => How To? Tips and Questions => Topic started by: Sara M. Head on July 10, 2018, 04:28:39 pm

Title: Need to switch old media file with new media file in Wordpress
Post by: Sara M. Head on July 10, 2018, 04:28:39 pm
I have been at this since 10 am and it's currently 4pm. All I want to do is swap out the old mp3 file on an older podcast post with a newer edited one. I don't want to create a new post because the original episode was 4 years ago and also I want it to update in the various feeds (iTunes, Google, stitcher etc).

I managed to get the file switched on the Bluburry feed, but the posts and the feeds linked via the powerpress plugin I can't figure out how to change. Also, when I go to edit the old post, it doesn't show the player code, only the show notes and all. I'm really at my wit's end. I don't know enough to do anything super advanced, but I have to switch these files, and if I can't, then I need to be able to delete them and I can't figure out how that would work either. I'd call tech support to ask but I don't have $100 to blow right now. Can anyone help?
Title: Re: Need to switch old media file with new media file in Wordpress
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on July 10, 2018, 08:51:39 pm
All you need to do is replace the old file with the new file using the same exact filename. That's it.

There's no charge to call the Blubrry phone support line. The only time anyone is charged is if a consultation is scheduled.
Post by: Sara M. Head on July 12, 2018, 11:31:15 am
I did that, and I waited 24 hours for the feed to refresh, and it's still playing the old file. I double checked the new file to be sure I wasn't using the wrong file, and I'm not. I got the file changed on the Bluburry site, but not on Wordpress. I can try again, but this didn't work this time.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on July 12, 2018, 12:57:47 pm
What's the URL to the media file you're having trouble with?