Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Help Me Out => Topic started by: Karen Jackson on May 03, 2018, 11:31:48 am

Title: Episodes not showing up on Google Search
Post by: Karen Jackson on May 03, 2018, 11:31:48 am
Just searched for my podcast in Google and the site shows up but not the individual episodes, which is supposed to happen with Google's new podcast strategy. Checked my RSS feed against their podcast guidelines and everything appears correct. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working?
Title: Re: Episodes not showing up on Google Search
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on May 03, 2018, 01:05:35 pm
What browser did you use? It's my understanding that Google has only rolled this out on Chrome on SOME Android devices. It hasn't been fully implemented everywhere yet.
Post by: Karen Jackson on May 19, 2018, 04:30:20 pm
Hi Shawn
My apologies for the late reply, didn't see this 'til today. I used the Google Android app since that's where it was first rolled out. They said they were working on Chrome.

According to Google's specs, one of the things you need in the homepage is a <link type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate" title="Your Podcast's Name" href="Your podcast's RSS url"/>and you're only supposed to have one of these. However, WordPress generates two links, one for the main feed, the other for the comments feed. So I don't know if that's preventing this from working or not.

For anyone following this thread, Google specs are here: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/podcast#feed-example

Have you found out anything new since my OP?

Thanks!
Karen
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on May 19, 2018, 06:22:29 pm
If you're using PowerPress to generate the podcast feed, make sure the Feed Discovery box is checked in the Feeds tab of PowerPress Advanced Mode settings.
Post by: Karen Jackson on May 19, 2018, 07:07:38 pm
Thanks Shawn, will see if that works!