Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Help Me Out => Topic started by: Al Morello on December 10, 2017, 12:50:51 am

Title: How to embed cover art?
Post by: Al Morello on December 10, 2017, 12:50:51 am
I'm planning on replacing a podcast I uploaded through PowerPress by following the instructions in this link:

https://forum.blubrry.com/index.php?topic=7509.0

But how do I embed the cover art in to the new MP3 since I am not uploading it through PowerPress? What software is suggested (I'm on Win 10 PC).
Title: Re: How to embed cover art?
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 11, 2017, 03:58:25 pm
You can change the embedded artwork by editing the file's ID3 tags using an application like iTunes on a desktop computer. There's another program out there called Mp3Tag that does this:  https://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
Post by: Al Morello on December 11, 2017, 06:33:22 pm
Thanks Shawn. Just to be clean, if I upload the same file again, with the exact same name, via PowerPress, it will not replace the file that's already up there?
Post by: Al Morello on December 11, 2017, 10:15:20 pm
Meant to write "just to be CLEAR"
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 12, 2017, 12:04:10 pm
If your ultimate aim is to overwrite an existing file with a newer version, the best way to to do it would be thru the Blubrry Dashboard. I suppose if you did it thru PowerPress, it'd probably work. But the recommended way to do it is thru the Dashboard.
Post by: Al Morello on December 13, 2017, 11:35:58 am
So I did this, but my old episode is still playing. This is how I did it:

I downloaded the mp3 from blubrry.
Looked at name and renamed exactly same.
Clicked upload new media file.

But now they are both up there. I thought one was supposed to replace the other no? What did I do wrong?
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 13, 2017, 10:50:05 pm
The newer version of the file must have the exact same filename as the older version. If even one character is different, it won't overwrite the old version.

Also, keep in mind that it may take several hours for the new version of the file to propagate across Blubrry's CDN. So, even after you upload the new version, you may not get it on playback right away.
Post by: Al Morello on December 18, 2017, 05:38:37 pm
Named exactly the same and waited 24 hrs so am not sure what the issue us. Not a big deal but would like it to work for next time in case it's a critical change that is needed.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 18, 2017, 10:07:17 pm
If you're still having trouble with the newer version of the file not showing up, please go here:
https://www.blubrry.com/contact/
Click the Select link underneath All Other Inquiries and choose Technical Support. Fill out the form with your questions and someone will get back to you with assistance.
Post by: Al Morello on December 19, 2017, 06:21:13 pm
Will do. Thanks Shawn.
Post by: Al Morello on December 22, 2017, 05:11:53 pm
This was my fault. I did not capitalize things correctly and the upload is case sensitive.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 23, 2017, 12:15:00 pm
No problem, Al. Glad we were able to help you get it sorted out.