Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Blubrry PowerPress WordPress Plugin => Topic started by: Ho Cho on November 06, 2017, 06:15:45 am

Title: 403 Forbidden on Everything
Post by: Ho Cho on November 06, 2017, 06:15:45 am
Hello - I've been using the Powerpress plug in for about a week. Yesterday or the day before - out of the blue - it started giving me 403 Forbidden messages when I try to save anything. So I can't make any changes at all at the moment. Here's the message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /blog/wp-admin/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

By the way, it doesn't even let me change between simple and advanced settings without spitting out this message. I have deleted the plug in, reinstalled, and get the same message.

Nothing's really changed server-end as far as I know. I use Namecheap hosting. Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.

Title: Re: 403 Forbidden on Everything
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on November 06, 2017, 10:23:40 am
Please give this a try:
1.) Deactivate and delete your current PowerPress installation
2.) Download and manually install this pre-release version of PowerPress:
https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/powerpress.zip
3.) There's an option in one of the menus that lets you disable new iTunes tags, enable that and save the changes

See if that helps with the 403 error you're receiving now.
Post by: Ho Cho on November 06, 2017, 02:43:09 pm
Not much luck, I'm afraid. I manually installed Powerpress from the .zip you sent. Wasn't quite clear on your step three, but changing any of the iTunes related checkboxes, or just trying to go to simple mode from advanced, results in the same 403 error page.
Post by: Ho Cho on November 07, 2017, 02:26:50 am
As an update, I installed the 6.3.3 version and it seems to be working fine. No 403 errors.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on November 07, 2017, 10:57:49 am
The option to turn off new iTunes tags in the dev build of PowerPress is in one of the menus that you access by hovering over the PowerPress link in the lefthand sidebar of your dashboard. Sorry, should've been clearer on that.
Post by: Ho Cho on November 09, 2017, 12:12:39 pm
Do you happen to know whether this is an issue common with 7.1.1.? The reason I ask is that for my podcast, I'd like to specify 'serial' and seasons. I presume that can only be done with the latest version of the plug-in but am not sure. Otherwise I'd stick with the 6.3.3.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on November 09, 2017, 12:20:51 pm
The dev team has identified some problems with the new iTunes tags and some web hosting services. (The issue isn't happening on all web hosting services.) They are investigating the problem and hope to have a solution in a future version of PowerPress.