Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Help Me Out => Topic started by: Al Morello on September 11, 2017, 07:55:27 pm

Title: Cross Posting & RSS Feed ownership
Post by: Al Morello on September 11, 2017, 07:55:27 pm
I'm trying to choose between blubrry and Libsyn for hosting and have a couple of questions:

1. Does Blubrry offer any cross posting like Libsyn (podcast is automatically posted to Twitter, facebook, etc.)?
2. Does Libsyn still "own your RSS feed?" I saw a few mentions of this but they articles seemed old and I know things can change very quickly.

Any reason why I should choose Blubrry over Lisbyn? Thank you!

P.S. This is for a wordpress site.
Title: Re: Cross Posting & RSS Feed ownership
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on September 12, 2017, 12:12:29 pm
Per your questions:

1.) Blubrry's Post to Social feature can post your episodes to social networks like Facebook and Twitter. It's not exactly the same as how LibSyn does it, but it gets the job done: https://create.blubrry.com/resources/podcast-media-hosting/post-to-social/

2.) If your feed lives at libsyn .com then they do technically own your feed. To their credit, they will let you map an outside domain to your LibSyn feed URL and they'll also redirect your feed out if you are using them and decide to switch to another service. Personally, I like my podcast feeds to live on domains that I own and control completely. But if this doesn't work for you, then you should still be pretty safe with a LibSyn-generated feed. Same thing goes for feeds generated by Blubrry.

The biggest reason to choose Blubrry over LibSyn is that Blubrry gives you the tools to publish your podcast and build your own brand. Blubrry's own brand never appears on things like embedded web players. The focus is on your show and your brand. Blubrry also has top-notch support. In fact, Blubrry is the only podcast-hosting company you can call on the phone if you need help. 🙂 Of course, Blubrry also provides support thru these forums and e-mail as well.

If you decide to sign up for any paid services thru Blubrry, you can use promo code SHAWN to get your first month's service free. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Title: Re: Cross Posting & RSS Feed ownership
Post by: Al Morello on September 12, 2017, 05:18:00 pm
Thanks for the response Shawn.