Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Media Statistics => Topic started by: Fritz Barnes on March 03, 2017, 08:25:48 pm

Title: Can I import stats from PodPress?
Post by: Fritz Barnes on March 03, 2017, 08:25:48 pm
Switching from Podpress to PowerPress. Two questions.

1) I know how to import past episodes. Is there a way to import stats, or combine them with your stats?

2) Are the basic statistics a feature of your hosting, or a feature of your WordPress plugin? We have our podcasts just hosted on our own server, want to make sure your plugin will be capturing stats.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Can I import stats from PodPress?
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on March 03, 2017, 10:50:01 pm
If you want to save your podPress stats, you'll have to find a way to export them. They can't be imported into Blubrry stats.

podPress uses a very basic redirect system that runs on your WordPress site to track downloads. Blubrry stats run on Blubrry's servers only. You can use Blubrry stats by signing up for a free Blubrry account. Then, you'll want to connect your WordPress site to your Blubrry account:
https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-settings/services-stats/

There is an option to show basic Blubrry stats within your WordPress dashboard, if you want. You'll need to log into the Blubrry website to see more detailed information. You can host your media files anywhere and use Blubrry stats. You don't have to use Blubrry media hosting to get access to the stats.
Title: Re: Can I import stats from PodPress?
Post by: Fritz Barnes on March 04, 2017, 10:42:40 am
Thank you, Shawn.