Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Buggy Brry => Topic started by: Steve Hart on July 27, 2016, 11:59:12 pm

Title: Blubrry subscribe widget
Post by: Steve Hart on July 27, 2016, 11:59:12 pm
Hi,
When clicking on a (Blubrry) widget button - say for Tunein.com - the page that appears replaces the page, instead of launching a new page.
It means that when the user clicks the Tunein page away, my website will have gone.
Can it be altered to create a new page?

Thanks,

Steve
Title: Re: Blubrry subscribe widget
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on July 28, 2016, 08:31:07 pm
For the widget links to work, you need to fill out all of the information in the Destinations tab. This can be found by logging into your WordPress site and going to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Destinations. Fill out all of the field and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Post by: Steve Hart on July 28, 2016, 08:40:09 pm
Hi,
Yes all the fields are filled in, and when I click the TuneIn button in the sidebar my Tunein page appears. But it replaces my own web page.
So that when my listener clicks the TuneIn page away, rather than my website re-appear, it will be gone.
Destination _blank would fix it (although I understand that is deprecated...)
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on July 28, 2016, 08:48:01 pm
So it sounds like what you're asking for would be to have the TuneIn link open in a new browser tab/window?
Post by: Steve Hart on July 28, 2016, 09:18:45 pm
That's correct - all links.
Steve
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on July 29, 2016, 07:01:27 pm
The lead developer of PowerPress said that having those links open in a new tab isn't available because "they do not open in a new tab since that can cause complicatens on mobile devices." So, it doesn't look like there's any way to do that.