Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Audience Lounge => How To? Tips and Questions => Topic started by: Ed Pugh on December 29, 2015, 06:06:21 pm

Title: Long Tail Podcasts??
Post by: Ed Pugh on December 29, 2015, 06:06:21 pm
Good evening,

We're newbies to the Blubrry world and have been impressed thus far and are slowly getting up to speed. I've looked everywhere for information on how to edit old podcasts using the "LongTail" or "Evergreen" technology. Could anyone point me in the right direction I don't seem to be able to find it? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Title: Re: Long Tail Podcasts??
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 29, 2015, 06:18:54 pm
I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean by "evergreen" or "long tail." Did you see a specific reference to these terms somewhere on the Blubrry site? If you need to replace an older file with a new one, you can upload it to your account with the same filename and the Blubrry system will just replace the old file with the new one without going against your account's monthly upload quota.
Post by: Ed Pugh on December 31, 2015, 06:11:13 am
Good morning Shawn,

I found it here: (http://create.blubrry.com/resources/podcast-media-hosting/long-tail/) but if I understand you correctly, all we have to do is to re-upload with the same name and it overwrites and doesn't count against our monthly limit. Am I understanding you correctly?

Thanks so much for all of your help!
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on December 31, 2015, 06:16:48 am
Your understanding is correct (and thanks for the link to that page - I hadn't seen it yet!). The most important stuff is on that page: 1.) The file you upload must have the same filename as the one you want to replace. 2.) The file size of the new file must be within 10% of the old file. If you meet both of these criteria. the upload(s) won't count against your monthly upload limit.
Post by: Ed Pugh on December 31, 2015, 08:14:18 am
That's great news and it will be helpful. Thanks again Shawn!  :)