Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Blubrry PowerPress WordPress Plugin => Topic started by: amaclean23 on January 22, 2015, 06:46:50 pm

Title: Podcast Posts Option
Post by: amaclean23 on January 22, 2015, 06:46:50 pm
Hello,

I learned of blubrry via a podcast class. In the class the demo shows that there is a link entitled "podcasts" just under the "posts" link in dashboard. I do not see this anywhere, nor do I see a place to customize the colors of my audio player. Are they demonstrating an old version?

Thanks!
Title: Re: Podcast Posts Option
Post by: mgdell on January 23, 2015, 10:32:24 am
Are you using Powerpress?  Or some other plugin?

In powerpress, you go to your dashboard in wordpress and on the sidebar you will find powerpress.  click that.  Then click "advanced mode" if you are not in advanced mode.  All the display options are either in the "Media Appearance" tab or in the sidebar under "audio player" or "video player".  I'm not sure which "class" you were watching :)

We have a TON of information about powerpress at http://create.blubrry.com including demo videos and step by step instructions.

-Mike
Post by: amaclean23 on January 23, 2015, 04:26:06 pm
Hi there,

I do see those settings, yes, however, there is no color customization option. This problem is actually very secondary to the other problem.

I have attached a screenshot of the demo I saw and highlighted the two issues. The first highlight shows the "podcast" option on the left, which I cant seem to find, and the second showing the customization options, which I also don't have.

http://i1.wp.com/www.messywarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/podcast.jpg
Post by: mgdell on January 26, 2015, 09:57:40 am
You will have to ask whoever did that video, where they got that "podcasts" option.  It looks like a custom plugin other than powerpress created that. 

All our settings are in the sidebar under "powerpress" (normally toward the bottom of the sidebar) 

There are player options on some of the players, not all, that are included with powerpress also found under Powerpress in the sidebar.

-Mike