Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Podcast FAQ => Podcast Promotion => Topic started by: yourbossblows on July 30, 2012, 06:15:22 pm

Title: Your Boss Blows Episode 12: Interview with Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income
Post by: yourbossblows on July 30, 2012, 06:15:22 pm
After almost a year of anticipation, I was finally able to sit down and have a great interview with Pat Flynn; the online blogger, internet entrepreneur, speaker, teacher, family man and overall a very down to earth guy. He has a blog and podcast titled Smart Passive Income.

What an amazing day, it just couldn’t have got much better!

Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income

When I conduct interviews, I really love to hear the complete journey and Pat shared it with us. Turns out he moved from Connecticut to San Diego when he was in 3rd grade and has been in love with it ever since. Things were quite different from Connecticut, but San Diego is now the place he and his family calls home and where he plans on staying. Why would anyone leave San Diego?! I know I tried and failed. :)

Pat shared his journey with earning money online, how he got started making money with Google Adsense and how he is creating passive income today. He talks about learning how to make money online through The Academy – Internet Business Mastery (which I recently joined as well). When comparing his journey to mine, I would probably say he opted for the rocket when I went for the car! He does explain that in no way did he just flip a switch and become successful, it took plenty of hard work prior to launching any products. With his ‘Be Everywhere’ philosophy, you can tell Pat is not afraid of working hard now to enjoy the benefits in the future. Pat explains the different techniques he has used to build his income streams to over $40,000 a month. That’s right, A MONTH!

If you are already a fan of Pat, or this is the first time you have heard of him, you will quickly find that he doesn’t do it for the money. Sure that is a nice benefit, but he has no aspiring goals to take over the world or live in a 50,000 square foot mansion.

He has built up his income, along with his reputation over the past 5 years due to his very straight forward and honest presentation of information. He doesn’t use hard selling techniques to make a buck, he hardly uses soft selling techniques. What he has excelled at is showing people what he has been doing to make money online. Everyone needs hosting, special tools and scripts make it easy and quicker to get jobs done, etc… We both use Market Samurai for our keyword research and we show others how to use it. Sometimes someone will buy it off a link or a resource page and we get a commission for that. Hosting is one of his best affiliate products. He doesn’t say you have to use Blue Host because that is the only way to get a website up and hosted. He started his blog with Blue Host, is happy with their service and continues to them as a blog host. He makes money through affiliate commissions from products and services that he uses to make money online. Sometimes people buy it from his link and again he gets a little cut.

He is very honest about his affiliate links and I follow his philosophy by telling people that my links to affiliate software, services and blog hosting are affiliate links as well. This is true affiliate marketing. We both believe you should never sell something you don’t own or use. Everything should add value and help the viewers along with their journey to make money online and create passive streams of income. If there is a product or service out there that truly adds value, there is an affiliate program available for it already. He never tells people they have to use it or they will fail or something bad will happen. He just shares with his audience what he uses. It not only makes his shows more enjoyable than most that teach people how to make money online, but you actually end up looking for his affiliate links because you want to keep supporting him to make sure his blog and podcast will be around forever. I know I did!

What is Passive Income?
A very generic definition would be income that is received on a regular basis, with little effort required to maintain it. Read that over again if it doesn’t make sense, this time remember that the definition is only talking about MAINTAINING it. You first have to put in the hard work, sometimes incredibly hard work first so you can then sit back and enjoy the money coming in with little or no additional work.

Passive income streams are just multiple and preferably diversified passive income sources. I was doing so great in 1999, making the most money ever and had a super great passive income stream. But in March of 2000 the dot com bubble burst and my river ran dry. I hardly received any drought warnings, just one day almost everything dried up. Don’t make that mistake like many of us online entrepreneurs often do, always diversify.

Pat is very diversified with his income and you can find his income reports at: Smart Passive Income – Income Reports. In the interview we talk about a variety of his passive income streams that include Adsense, iPhone apps, affiliate marketing and his niche website products. Sharing his monthly income reports online since the very beginning has helped Pat to remain one of the most popular affiliate marketers today.

What is a Niche Website?

When talking in general, a niche is a special area of demand for a product or service. In relation to internet marketing, a niche market is a small area of a much larger market. You build niche websites focusing on a small segment of a much larger market which is more specialized and less competitive to the larger market.

For example, instead of selling pet products, you might specialize in dog collars. If you wanted a micro niche and there was enough of a demand to support the business, you might consider selling diamond encrusted collars… But check the competition first, your not the first to think about blinging out the kitties!

There is a lot of money to be made with niche websites and Pat keeps track of everything in detail at Niche Site Duel. A lot of other people joined the challenge to see who could be the most successful with their niche website. Make sure to check it out.

It was a great interview that went on for over an hour and I still felt like I was scraping the tip of the iceberg! I hope to do another interview with Pat soon.

If you would like to learn more about how to make Passive Income with Pat Flynn, make sure to visit his blog at http://www.smartpassiveincome.com (http://www.smartpassiveincome.com).

If you would like more information and to see more videos, visit http://www.yourbossblows.com (http://www.yourbossblows.com)

Click Here to Subscribe, Rate & Review in iTunes
It will open iTunes, scroll down below list of shows to write a review. That would be SUPER! Thank you!
https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/addUserReview?id=467727262&type=Podcast (https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/addUserReview?id=467727262&type=Podcast)