Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Help Me Out => Topic started by: davewoodson on July 29, 2012, 05:07:35 pm

Title: The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.
Post by: davewoodson on July 29, 2012, 05:07:35 pm
It has been about 3 weeks since I updated my podcast, but when I went to go get a link for someone I kept getting this error message.

The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.

what did I do wrong?

Dave
Title: Re: The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.
Post by: angelo on July 30, 2012, 11:52:06 am
Make sure the language of your podcast feed settings is set to English. Please reply with the URL to your listing on iTunes and we can reverse check it.
Title: Re: The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.
Post by: davewoodson on August 01, 2012, 01:16:04 pm
http://www.blubrry.com/feeds/davewoodson.xml

I just tried to resubmit this to Itunes and it gave me  this "bad http result code 404"
Post by: angelo on August 01, 2012, 01:32:42 pm
First, if you submitted your podcast in the past, updating the language should fix the problem in a few days. If you've never submitted your feed to iTunes before, then read the next paragraph.

Make sure the URL you enter has no spaces in the front or back, and includes http:// in the front of the URL.

Update your Desktop iTunes to latest version. They reportedly fixed that problem, as it was a bug in the iTunes desktop software. If you still have the problem submitting the feed, close iTunes completely, reboot your computer. Then re-load iTunes and make sure you are signed into your iTunes account and your CC on file is up to date. Then navigate to the podcasting section, click the link "add podcast". (DO NOT GET TO THE ADDPODCAST PAGE BY CLICKING A CONVENIENCE LINK LIKE THE ONE IN POWERPRESS AS THAT DIRECT LINK IS PART OF THE BUG).

Older versions of the iTunes desktop software would not let you navigate to the add podcast unless you had an iTunes account signed-in and your CC on file was up to date. The direct link to add a podcast from PowerPress or other web sites/apps will fail as the bug in newer versions of the iTunes desktop software bypasses the authentication steps thus causing time out/404 submission errors randomly.
Post by: nightfoxx on October 30, 2012, 12:59:51 am
I am having the same problem with my feed: http://www.webmarketingadelaide.com.au/feed/podcast/

I've tried changing the language a few weeks ago but it hasn't fixed it. Any ideas?
Post by: angelo on October 30, 2012, 07:36:41 am
Did you contact apple? Check your smap folder, if they remove you you would get an email why to your itunes email in the feed.
Post by: nightfoxx on October 30, 2012, 07:44:35 am
I've got nothing in my Spam folder now but older messages get deleted automatically I think so it may not be there anymore.

I know the feed was working initially and people who had already subscribed can still get new episodes as I put them up - this is part of the reason why I didn't notice there was a problem because I was already subscribed and hence getting the new episodes.

Any advice for what I should do next?
Post by: nightfoxx on October 30, 2012, 08:09:58 am
How should I contact apple?
Post by: angelo on October 30, 2012, 09:16:41 am
Yes, contact apple to find out why you were removed.

Also, your blog's description is empty (<description></description> in the feed), go to WordPress Settings > Basic Settings, fill in the "tagline" field with a description of your blog and podcast. This shouldn't get you removed from iTunes, but empty fields can cause problems.
Post by: nightfoxx on November 02, 2012, 01:50:58 am
Ok so I contacted Apple and this is the reply...

I would like for you to try and resubmit your podcast. This may fix the problem. You can follow these steps to resubmit the podcast:

1) Change the title and link fields of the RSS feed to something other than what they are now.

2) Resubmit the podcast feed via iTunes.

3) Once you have successfully submitted the podcast, you can change the title and link fields back to what they were.

-------------------

The question is, how do I do this considering I'm using the Blubrry Powerpress plugin?
Post by: angelo on November 02, 2012, 10:29:13 am
Yoru blog title is your podcast title, so simply change that slightly. You can trick the URL by adding a question mark and some garbage, e.g. example.com/feed/podcast/?garbage=1

Not sure what "link" fields they are referring to in the feed, but the atom link will change based on the example url above.
Post by: nightfoxx on November 02, 2012, 07:24:17 pm
Ok, I added some characters like that to the end of the feed and get this error message;

"We had difficulty reading this feed. Bad http result code: 403"

Feed is http://www.webmarketingadelaide.com.au/feed/podcast/?take=2

Any ideas?
Post by: angelo on November 05, 2012, 10:00:56 am
Yea, contact your web hosting, 403 error sounds like your hosting company has mod_security setup, which is a problem with iTunes.
Post by: nightfoxx on November 05, 2012, 06:27:11 pm
Cheers, I will do that.

My web host is Host Gator but the podcast files are hosted on Amazon S3, is it Host Gator I need to speak with?
Post by: angelo on November 05, 2012, 06:43:16 pm
Hostgator then, who ever hosts the feed.
Post by: nightfoxx on November 06, 2012, 02:19:37 am
Thanks for all your help, I got the feed working. It turns out it was a security plugin (BPS) that had made changes to my htaccess file which was causing the problem.

I have one other problem... when I submitted the feed again it still has the standard Power Press image even though I changed it to my own image ages ago and my own image shows up in the browser when I look at the feed too.

Any ideas for fixing this?
Post by: angelo on November 06, 2012, 10:04:10 am
The image showed in the browser is your "RSS" image, you need to go to the iTunes tab and upload an image for the "iTunes image". iTunes doesn't detect the RSS image.
Post by: nightfoxx on November 07, 2012, 12:23:13 am
oh i see, thanks