Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Blubrry PowerPress WordPress Plugin => Topic started by: WebEndev on March 08, 2012, 02:21:12 pm

Title: Play in new window size not working (Version 3.0)
Post by: WebEndev on March 08, 2012, 02:21:12 pm
When changing the size in "Play in New Window Settings" of the Media Appearance tab in Settings, video is still played at 400x225. I also changed the Player Width and Player Height in the Video Player configuration settings screen, which does change the size of the video in the post, but also does not affect the size in the new window.

I have this on local dev, so I don't have a site link to, sorry.

FANTASTIC stuff with version 3.0!
Title: Re: Play in new window size not working (Version 3.0)
Post by: WebEndev on March 10, 2012, 12:07:31 pm
This was answered by Angelo on the WP forum

You are correct in both counts regarding the two settings to adjust. You need to add about 20-30 pixels in the "Play in New Window" settings to offset the video player settings. Also very important is if you use the 'embed' option in PowerPress, your embeds need to be 20-30 pixels smaller than the "Play in New Window" settings, or your play in new window settings need to be 20-30 pixels larger then your embeds. This is because browsers by default add between 5-10 pixels of padding around the pages to factor in things like vertical scroll bars and such. Essentially once you get the new window size dialed in, the scroll bars should go away and you should have a nice border around your player.

We discussed adding javascript logic to auto resize the new window, but after some testing we discovered that pop-up blockers tend to mess with or prevent window resizing, let alone not allow the play in new window occur in the first place.

Glad you like 3.0!

Thanks Angelo!  :) ;)