Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Blubrry PowerPress WordPress Plugin => Topic started by: jkmeier on November 07, 2011, 11:41:27 am

Title: Ah, iTunes image problems
Post by: jkmeier on November 07, 2011, 11:41:27 am
Apologies in advance — I realize this question gets asked over and over again! But, I've done everything I can think of to figure it out (read the Help Center/FAQ, searched the Forum, emailed iTunes support, etc.). Perhaps you guys can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I recently set up Blubrry to add my WP-based music podcast to iTunes. The feed is valid, shows up in iTunes, and I can successfully subscribe, but the iTunes image is not displaying properly.

Each individual episode displays an image (I've embedded images into the mp3s), but even though my iTunes image is a 600x600px RGB JPG, it won't display. I've set links for RSS (144px) and iTunes images (600px) in the 'Feeds' and 'iTunes' menus, as well as set it via Category podcasting (as suggested by a commenter here). I've tried to get the link to update by 'Uploading new image' — nothing seems to fix the problem.

Here are my feed details:
Podcast feed: http://fearofmusic.org/feed/podcast
iTunes Preview link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fear-of-music/id476440619
Wordpress version: 3.2.1
Blubrry PowerPress version: 2.0.4

I've waited a few days before posting here to see if it was just an iTunes caching problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any assistance is appreciated! Happy to provide more information, if it'd be of help.

Thanks,
Ken
Title: Re: Ah, iTunes image problems
Post by: mgdell on November 07, 2011, 04:33:37 pm
Is the image you want a white circle with a line though it on a black background?  If so, it is showing up in your feed.  This means that itunes has simply not picked it up yet or it's the wrong size. I have it at 144x144 which is correct for the RSS feed.

I have seen itunes take up to 2 weeks to update the listing so if it's been less then that, keep waiting (I know, not the answer you want).  Apple works in strange ways. Sometimes they are quick and sometimes they are not.  As long as your feed is correct, it should update sooner or later. 

I did check your itunes image also from your feed. It seems ok also.

-Mike
Title: Re: Ah, iTunes image problems
Post by: jkmeier on November 08, 2011, 10:38:43 am
Thanks for the quick reply, Mike! Happy to be patient, if that's all it takes. Glad to hear I wasn't missing something obvious.