Author Topic: Player and episode not showing in older posts  (Read 2496 times)

adwindham

Player and episode not showing in older posts
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »
I just upgraded to Powerpress 0.9.5.  Currently, the player is not showing up in our posts that are older than Jan 18, 2009.  Unfortunately, I also updated a few other plug-ins and Wordpress itself, so it's possible that one of those broke it and I just didn't think to check our audio files until after I upgraded Powerpress.  As far as I know, the files were showing up prior to the upgrades, but I am not certain.  Needless to say, as a volunteer webmaster I am underpaid and overworked, but enough griping.

Here's what I'm seeing: a recent post that is working correctly-
http://www.austinuu.org/wp/2009/01/opinion-industries-and-the-community-of-faith/ and here is one that is not working- http://www.austinuu.org/wp/2009/01/the-seven-deadly-uu-sins/ .  When I log in to edit the posts of the posts that do not have the podcasts, there is absolutely no information in the "Podcast Episode" portion of the page- it's as though there were never a podcast associated with the post at all.  All of our media files are still on the server, so the URLs that we used to use to connect to the files have not changed. 

In addition to upgrading to WP 2.8.4, I also upgraded the following plug-ins: Cforms to v.11.0, Broken Link Checker to v.0.5.9, and Redirector to v.1.1.   It's possible that one of those broke something, but I have tried deactivating them, and the same problem exists.  I have also tried deactivating my other plug-ins to no avail.  I have not yet tried reverting back to my back-up- I am hoping to avoid that. 

One more thing I will mention- the posts that do not have the player and episodes showing up coincide with about the time that we migrated from Podpress to Powerpress.  In other words, I think- but am not sure- that the posts that were created using Powerpress are showing up, but those that were migrated from Podpress are not.  Which makes me wonder if there is some Podpress relic that is causing the problem, but it's just a shot in the dark.

And if Angelo answers this thread, TIA, you've been so helpful in the past!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Player and episode not showing in older posts
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:12 pm »
Could be PodPress relic data. Go to the PowerPress > Basic Settings page and see if there is an option titled "PodPress Episodes". If so, make sure "Include in Posts and Feeds" is selected.

If you're comfortable with PowerPress, you can convert PodPress stored episodes to PowerPress/WordPress format by using our conversation tool. You need to be in Advanced Mode of PowerPress and navigate to the "Tools" page. Under the option titled "Import Episodes", click "Episodes". It should be self explanatory from here, you can decide which episodes to import and which not to.

Let us know if you get this straightened out.

adwindham

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:43 pm »
I checked the settings, and it was already set to "Include in Posts and Feeds."  Just to see if it would help, I set it to "Ignore" and saved it, and then back to "Include in Posts and Feeds," but no change. 

I would be happy to convert the old Podpress episodes to Powerpress, but  when I click on the "Import Episodes" link, I get the following error:
"Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/austinuu/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpressadmin-podpress.php on line 43"  I tried uploading the powerpressadmin-podpress.php in case it got corrupted during the transfer process last time - sometimes helps when I end up with php errors.  I got the same error even after uploading the file again.  However, the two problems could be related, right?  I don't know enough about php to troubleshoot the file. 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:58:37 pm »
hmm, I wonder if the PodPress data may have been deleted somehow. Have you used any plugins that 'clean up' your MySQL database?

adwindham

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:11:58 pm »
I don't know how they would have been deleted.  I don't use any clean-up utilities- that just sounds like a problem waiting to happen to me. 

adwindham

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:21:15 pm »
Also, what about the php error at the "Import Episodes" link?  If I can ever get these to come back up, I would definitely like to migrate them to Powerpress.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:54:46 am »
I've looked at the code a couple of times, the only idea that I have is that perhaps something got corrupted in the database. Are you tech savvy enough to make a backup of your database and send it to me for testing? If so, please email me cio[at]rawvoice.{dot}.com. The WP DB Backup would work well for this task: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/ I only need the "posts" and "postmeta" tables for testing.