Author Topic: Category Feed Subscribe Link  (Read 2079 times)

MutualDesigns

Category Feed Subscribe Link
« on: August 23, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »
I've looked into the Sidebar-Subscribe plugin that is associate with this plugin, but it did not solve my problem.

I have multiple category feeds with their own iTunes links. Is there a way to dynamically create a button that pulls the iTunes feed link from the Blubrry database and displays it only in podcast page that is within that category. For example:

Money Matters is a podcast on my site. I has it's own category feed setup and it is also setup in iTunes. When someone clicks on the Money Matters podcast to show the podcast post, can this dynamic link be displayed in the post to subscribe to the itunes feed?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Category Feed Subscribe Link
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:29:55 pm »
That would be a pretty cool feature, but such a feature does not exist yet. I've added it to the TODO list for Subscribe Sidebar.

streamcities

Category page bug: can't set up categories
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:54 pm »
I have successfully installed the Wordpress PowerPress plugin, and all the settings work except for the Category Feeds setting.   When clicked, the Category Feeds button opens a blank page.   Help!  I am building an internet television site called StreamCities.com that features various video podcast productions I do for organizations such as Motor Trend, Super Street, Hot Rod and other magazines.  Each production needs to have its own feed, and I am assuming the category feature will allow me to do this.  Any help, is greatly appreciated!

Jay ;-)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Category Feed Subscribe Link
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:29:33 pm »
I think you may have stumbled upon a bug in PowerPress. The Podcast Category page grabs the list of categories in your blog and lists them as a drop down so you can select the category to make into a Podcast. If your blog doesn't have any categories, then I think the page loads blank. I'm doing testing to confirm this. In the mean time, can you add a category in WordPress then see if this page loads up ok?