Author Topic: default player does not appear but another one does  (Read 4467 times)

sue

default player does not appear but another one does
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:24:12 pm »
Hello - thanks for a great plugin.  I think I have got everything set up correctly, but instead of displaying that nice simple default player, I get what looks like a video screen (black, with your blubrry logo, and a play button in the middle of the logo).  If you click play, nothing happens.
I had previously installed both podpress and Audio Player but have them both deactivated.
Thank-you so much for your help.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: default player does not appear but another one does
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:19:44 am »
Sue,

Can you give me the address of your wordpress site and I will go have a look.

Thanks!

sue

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:49:25 am »
Hi - yes, sorry I should have done that before.  Site is http://www.wilymanager.com  The site is still under construction as you can see.  But on the blog page you can see the last three posts I've tried to add the player trying different changes int he settings.

Also - as you can see, it doesn't even show the links to play in popup, download etc.

Thanks for your help...

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 11:04:59 am »
Are you just putting links to media in your blog post content? When you use PowerPress, you need to specify the actual media URL in a box that looks similar to the one pictured below. I just took a look at your podcast only feed and found no episodes, which indicates to me that you don't have any episodes specified.

Screen shot of podcast episode box within the edit post page:

sue

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:14:45 am »
No, I typed the url in the Media URL box (http://www.wilymanager.com/media/podcast0.mp3)
I even tried putting it in the post [podpress url="http://www.wilymanager.com/media/podcast0.mp3]

sue

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 11:17:44 am »
But you're right...that is the problem.  When I went back to the post, it didn't have the url there.  For some reason posts are dropping it.  But I can work around that.  When I edit the post and put the url back, the player is in the post.
Thanks for your help!

sue

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 11:23:36 am »
Now I seem to have a new problem:
The player works great (and looks fine now!) and the 'Play in New Window' link works, but the 'Download' link doesn't work properly.  It opens up a brand new tab on my browser and plays the podcast (instead of allowing me to download the file).
I'm using firefox as my browser if this is significant.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 01:21:05 pm »
You are using PodPress, this forum is to support PowerPress, which is a different plugin. If you switch to PowerPress we can help you further.

sue

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 01:23:15 pm »
No, I have inactivated podpress and installed powerpress.
Sorry, I typed the wrong url in the previous message.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 02:30:43 pm »
I just clicked the download link in Firefox and it plays the media in the current window. Depending on your browner, it may open the media into a new window. You need to right click and select 'save link as' if you want to truly download the media file, becuase you most likely have a media player associated with that content type.

If you uninstall QuickTime, Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc.. from your computer, then click the download link, you will be presented a save as dialog. But in most cases you have some media player installed on your computer, thus the download link is playing the media for you.

sue

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 02:35:00 pm »
OK, I see.  You're right, if I right-click on the Download link, then select Save Link As...then I can download it.
Thanks for providing such great support for this plugin.