Author Topic: missing MP3 player after WP 2.8.2 upgrade - FIXED  (Read 3673 times)

abkaiser

missing MP3 player after WP 2.8.2 upgrade - FIXED
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:26:34 am »
I just upgraded to WP 2.8.2 and had having problems with PowerPress 0.9.2:

In my case, I was experiencing the following:

1) On my latest post, the MP3 I linked to was completely removed - I had to re-add it.
2) The podcast player had disappeared from ALL posts.

To fix #2:

1) I re-applied the PowerPress settings - I simply went to the PowerPress options page and clicked "save".
2) I use WP-SuperCache. I cleared the cache.
3) I cleared my browser cache.

This could've been a big problem, but luckily the fix (in my case) was easy. Just wanted to post it here in case anyone else experiences the same thing.

Andy

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: missing MP3 player after WP 2.8.2 upgrade - FIXED
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:32:14 am »
Significant amount of the JavaScript code for the PowerPress player, so it makes sense that WP-Super-Cache and your browser cache needed to be cleared.

As for your last podcast link getting removed, I'm not sure what coudl have caused that. If you're using scheduled posts, then older versions (0.8.x or older) had a known bug with WordPress 2.8+. The bug is actually caused by the latest WordPress. Scheduled posts with WordPress look into the post content for the media and if it is no longer in the blog post then the enclosure custom field is removed. PowerPress 0.9+ disables this from happening in WordPress.

If the scheduled post was scheduled during a time frame when PowerPress was disabled/not installed, then that could also explain the missing episode.

pauljbenedict

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »
Hello,

I was having a similar problem where the Blubrry PowerPress player was not appearing when I was using WP Super Cache. 

I discovered a fix and I'm adding it here.

If you're using WP Super Cache with a CDN, such as CloudFront (or the CDN Sync Tool), then on the CDN Tab in WP Super Cache ( /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=wpsupercache&tab=cdn), you will need to exclude .swf files form the CDN / Couldfront Cache. 

For example:

Exclude if substring:  .php, .swf

This excludes the /wp-content/plugins/powerpress/FlowPlayerClassic.swf file from the CDN, which is necessary for security purposes.  There may be a more elegant fix to this issue, but I found it just as easy to not include the .swf files; and I didn't test this, but I bet there's a cross domain scripting error if you try to pull the .swf from cloud front.

Good luck!

Paul Benedict

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:51:53 am »
So I have them in my notes, which CDN Sync Tool are you using? Thanks!