Author Topic: What do you guys do to bring in more listeners?  (Read 7585 times)

KenW

What do you guys do to bring in more listeners?
« on: July 02, 2009, 02:16:33 pm »
Hello, my name is Ken and a Host,producer and Director of The NFL Endzone. http://blubrry.com/theendzone/ We are finally getting to a point where we feel comfortable  spreading are show across the web. I was wondering is what do you do to promote your shows? I am already listed on every major podcast directory

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: What do you guys do to bring in more listeners?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 02:48:46 pm »
The biggest thing is daily working the social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. I personally focus on Twitter and I've noticed a steady, but modest, increase in listeners to my show. The trick is to take the time to communicate with people. You can't just post stuff on Facebook/Twitter and expect people to follow. I take the time to reply to folks, which really helps build a fan base.

Cross promotion is another, find like podcasts and trade links in your sidebar. Talk about each others shows too.

Go to events that are related to your show topics. Going to blogging/podcasting events is also a great idea. PodCamps and WordCamps are great for networking with folks. Don't forget to make some business cards with your podcasts information, that's the easiest way to give someone you meet your info without them having to write it down.

KenW

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:02:11 pm »
Good Good. I am already doing most of that. I am even creating a Facebook app. The only thing I do not do is The Pod events, I live in a small town a ways away from any major town.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 12:26:27 am »
Network, Network, Network

I make sure that my website has fresh content on it every day this keeps the listeners coming back on non podcast days. If your not Blogging your not gonna grow. I throw in Video once in a while and I have contest monthly. I never miss a show production day and when I do I apologize like its no tomorrow. If your not consistent you DOA.

Thats just a few of the tips.

KenW

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:13 am »
Thanks for the tips. I am working on getting a community growing,that I hope will turn into Sportcast network, sort of like the vgevo.com network. While I working on the underbelly of everything, I can not always find time for as much interaction as I would prefer though yet.

I am working out deals to get a some contests flowing as well as sponsering Fantasy Football leagues. So that should help. I just wanted to make sure that I was not missing some amazing way to promote.  But thanks for the tips guys I really do appreciate it.

rodlex377

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 12:00:11 pm »
Social networking site are still the best way to promote things over the internet. There are a lot of podcasting sites where you can upload your podcast.