Author Topic: Blubrry Services Integration 500 Error  (Read 423 times)

Vibrant Agency

• Rookie
Blubrry Services Integration 500 Error
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:46:33 pm »
Can't get any sort of integration happening with the WP plugin. Are your servers actually down, or is there a configuration issue?

I entered user and pw correctly, if I enter incorrectly it tells me that the credentials are wrong.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Blubrry Services Integration 500 Error
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:31:42 pm »
Are you entering your Blubrry username/password? You need to make sure it's those and not your WordPress site credentials (this is a common mistake made by many).

If you're using the proper credentials, there may be a security plugin on your site or a security setting at the server level that's blocking the connection. Make sure your site/server are not blocking api.blubrry.com

Blubrry servers haven't had any recent outages I'm aware of.

Vibrant Agency

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:51:30 am »
I've tried it across three sites using two different hosting services, and I've gotten the 500 error every time. One site was using a fresh install of Wordpress.

If I enter the wrong username, I am presented with "Unable to retrieve account information."
If I enter the wrong password, I am presented with "Authentication failed. Please make sure the password is correct then try again."
If I enter everything correctly, I am presented with "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"

Would both these servers be blocking api.blubrry.com by default? If so how do I allow it?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:46:27 pm »
There has to be a cause for the 500 internal server error. Contact support for the company hosting the site and ask them to check their logs and see if they can tell you the cause of the 500 error.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 12:27:45 am »
After my last post in this thread, I saw that you've been in touch with other members of the Blubrry support team. If you continue to need assistance with this issue, please respond to those messages.

In order to keep the communication lines from fracturing, I am closing further responses to this thread.