Author Topic: Migrating OFF of Powerpress because of rebuilding a site on Hubspot  (Read 96 times)

ammcf

I have a client who currently hosts their media files on Libsyn but generate their feed through Powerpress via their Wordpress site.

They are going to be rebuilding their website on Hubspot (non-Wordpress site).

Naturally, they cannot use Powerpress there - so my thought is that they should begin using the feed provided by Libsyn. But we want to preserve subscribers if we do so.

MY QUESTION: Should we do the normal redirect process to point their Powerpress feed to Libsyn in an effort to preserve subscribers, does the Wordpress site with the existing Powerpress install need to continue to exist indefinitely? My assumption is yes - but I may be wrong.

And if so - in what state does it need to exist? Can it be a shell website that is not allowed to be indexed by search engines and still have the feed intact?

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Migrating OFF of Powerpress because of rebuilding a site on Hubspot
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:11:11 pm »
You just need to redirect the feed URL. If the feed itself is no longer online, that doesn't matter. You'll have to check with Hubspot to see if they support redirects, and how those are handled within their system.