Author Topic: Editing Default Channel slug  (Read 723 times)

Joel Watson

• Rookie
Editing Default Channel slug
« on: November 17, 2015, 09:55:13 pm »
   I am currently using Custom Channels with my Powerpress install to host multiple shows. Right now, an old and retired podcast is using my default channel and feed. Is there any way to allow a different channel to be the default, or to edit the channel of the existing episodes without ruining the iTunes listings, reviews, etc?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Editing Default Channel slug
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:36 pm »
Yes, great question!

With podcast channels you can create additional new podcast feeds easily, that would not conflict with the default "podcast" feed channel. Simply add new channels for new podcasts.

Each editor of your WordPress site can then edit the options at the very top right corner when editing blog posts, here you can set which tools appear. I recommend un-checking the podcast channels that are not used with the account. This allows each podcaster to your site to decide which boxes they see.

You can also color code the backgrounds of each podcast channel, that option is in the "Other Settings" tab.

Joel Watson

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:31:20 pm »
So it sounds like the answer to my question is no. I'm hoping to move the old default channel to a sub-channel, or at least edit the slug for the default one manually, but it seems like that isn't possible.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:40:07 am »
sorry I misunderstood the question.

You want to move episodes that are in the "podcast" default channel to another channel? You can also do this if you are familiar with how to edit the WordPress database, but we do not have an automated way to do this as of current. Are you familiar with phpMyAdmin?

Samuel Acera Lucas

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 02:25:22 pm »
Hi Angelo,

I would like also how to do it. Could you explain how to do it via phpmyadmin?

Thanks in advance ;)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 04:35:19 pm »
when browsing the post meta table, search in the key name column for 'enclosure', surrounded by %. e.g. SELECT * FROM post_meta WHERE key_name LIKE '%enclosure%'. You can change the keyname to match the enclosure key name for the post type or taxonomy. Create one episode under the new post type to see how it should be formatted for your custom podcast channel pro post type slug. Simply changing the keyname from "enclosure" to "_video:enclosure" will change the default podcast channel to a channel with the slug name "video".

The default podcast feed uses key name = "enclosure" where-as all custom podcast channels and post types use the slug name in the format: _{slugname}:enclosure