Author Topic: Powerpress picking up posts with mp3 AND m4v files  (Read 2498 times)

tordavis

Powerpress picking up posts with mp3 AND m4v files
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:22:05 am »
I'd like Powerpress to ONLY appear in posts with mp3 files.  It's also picking up my video casts posts and adding the player and links to those.  Can I limit it to only grab posts with mp3 links in them?  Can I turn off this feature and just manually add the player to the pages I want?  Please help.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Powerpress picking up posts with mp3 AND m4v files
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:10:29 am »
Not currently. We have plans to change the player to address this as well as a few other issues including multiple media types in 1 post using the custom podcast feeds.

rai007

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:20:40 pm »
i have appel ipod but i have also same problem

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:15:45 pm »
PowerPress only displays media that you add to your blog. The problem may be that you previously were not using PowerPress; WordPress by default makes podcasts out of all links to media in blog posts. So old posts created before PowerPress was installed will then get picked up with the PowerPress plugin in this case. We're working on a tool that would allow you to go back and quickly add/remove media from older episodes from one screen. It will be included in PowerPress v 0.8.0, keep a look out for that update.

mikewbower

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:29:22 pm »
We're working on a tool that would allow you to go back and quickly add/remove media from older episodes from one screen. It will be included in PowerPress v 0.8.0, keep a look out for that update.

I am looking for exactly this feature - is this something you are still working on?

Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:26:24 pm »
It does exist now, go to the Tools page and select Blogger/MovableType import. It is not complete, you can add podcasts but you cannot remove podcasts yet. Next major release this page will be enhanced to allow for deletion.

mikewbower

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:57 pm »
Ah yes, sorry it was the remove function i was looking for.... i have several contributers to the site, and they often forget to remove podcasts that have been removed from the server...

Many thanks

Mike