Author Topic: Change "nofollow" on Feed  (Read 294 times)

Bryan

• Rookie
Change "nofollow" on Feed
« on: August 18, 2018, 01:23:12 pm »
I was doing a site analysis on my links and noticed that all the rss feed links in the "subscribe" section of powerpress are nofollow. Is there a way to change this to follow links?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Change "nofollow" on Feed
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 12:08:10 pm »
One thing to make sure of, go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Feeds tab. Check the boxes next to "Do not allow other plugins to modify podcast feeds." and "Feed Discovery" and click the Save Changes button.

Are you using the Yoast SEO plugin? It was recently discovered that Yoast is adding "no-follow" tags to some podcast feeds generated by PowerPress. The Blubrry dev team is working on a solution for this but there's no ETA yet as to when there'll be a fix. If you are using Yoast and don't absolutely need it, deactivate the plugin and see if that removes the "no-follow" tags.

Bryan

• Rookie
Re: Change "nofollow" on Feed
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:14:42 pm »
Okay I made sure all those settings are checked, and I ran the audit again. Same results showed up.

I do have yoast, so I can probably assume that might be the problem. I can wait for the solution to come through in an update, but at least I know what is most likely causing the problem!