Author Topic: Uploaded Files (accomplished) vs. Episodes in Feed (not working)  (Read 291 times)

Neil Hoffman

• Rookie
Blubrry recognizes that I've published episodes.  Under "Manage Uploaded Files" both of the episodes that I uploaded to my account through PowerPress are shown.  However, when I go to "Manage Episodes" it says that I have not episodes in my feed.  I thought that uploading a file would automatically mean that I have episodes in my feed. 

I can play the episodes fine off my wordpress, but I can't link my episodes to I-tunes or anything else.

I'm assuming that I am having some problem or misunderstanding with the feed  URL.  The one that (I think) Blubrry gave me is https://kinginkensington.com/feed/podcast/.  But it seems that this is not valid for some reason.  I'm new at this an would appreciate any assistance.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Uploaded Files (accomplished) vs. Episodes in Feed (not working)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:55:32 am »
Your show's Blubrry directory listing works as a syndication point similar to Apple Podcasts in that it looks at your podcast RSS feed for new episodes and them adds them to the listing.

Make sure your podcast RSS feed is in the Listing Settings for your Blubrry directory listing. If it is, and your latest episodes haven't shown up yet, just click the Save button in the Listing Settings page (even if you didn't make any changes) and that'll trigger the directory to check your feed and pull in your latest episode(s).

Neil Hoffman

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:10:44 pm »
Shawn, thanks for this.  But I am still a bit confused.  When I hit "save and update listing" under the "Listing Settings" tab I get the following error message:

"Error with Feed URL: https://kinginkensington.com/feed/podcast/

No episodes found in feed."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Is there a way for me to confirm that I am using the correct Feed URL?  Could that be the problem?  I think I'm using what Blubrry gave me, but I could have made a mistake. 

Again, I know that I've uploaded something that blubrry recognizes because under "Manage Published Files" the following information shows:

Media Files
View: Uploaded (Unpublished) Media
File Name   Date   Size   Quota   Action
Tabernacle_Ep_1_God_Reveals_Himself.mp3 See URL   08/08/2018   8.3 MB   August, 2018   Delete Media
Episode_1_Explanation_final.mp3 See URL   08/07/2018   3.5 MB   August, 2018   Delete Media
Viewing 1-2 (2 total)   First | Prev | Next | Last
Publish space available: 88.1 MB (88%) of 100 MB/month quota 

Thanks for your help
Neil

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:33:39 pm »
You have your site set to "coming soon." That blocks access to your podcast RSS feed URL. You need to turn that off first.