Author Topic: Retrieving file info: Empty reply from server  (Read 221 times)

DamianF

Retrieving file info: Empty reply from server
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:31:49 pm »
Hello,

We have been producing podcasts at www.languagecaster.com for over ten years but in the past week or so have been unable to attach the podcast to our posts even though the file has been uploaded to the site. We receive the following message:
Retrieving file info: Empty reply from server

I have copied and pasted a previous attached file that had successfully uploaded into the post but again the same message appears. We do not know what to do so any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes

Damian

We use the latest Word Press version (4.9.7)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:43:03 pm by DamianF »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Retrieving file info: Empty reply from server
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 07:32:52 pm »
Please respond with the URL to a media file you're having trouble so we can look into this further.

DamianF

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:43:28 am »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 12:14:34 pm »
I tried your media file URL with my own test site and it verified successfully. Most likely, there's a problem with the server hosting your website. Contact support for your web hosting company. They can check their logs and see if they can track down the source of the issue.

Note that even if you can't verify the media file URL within PowerPress, you can still publish your Podcast Episodes. Just be sure to manually enter the episode duration and file size then publish the post as you always have.