Author Topic: Only 10 episodes show  (Read 355 times)

rubyfruitradio

Only 10 episodes show
« on: June 27, 2018, 10:42:24 am »
I use the plugin for Wordpress and only 10 episodes are showing. 32 episodes have been posted since I brought the show back to life in November, 438 total, but only 10 are showing in all the various places like the RSS feed, iTunes, Google Play etc.
How do I get more shows to show up in my feed?

http://rubyfruitradio.com/feed/podcast/

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Only 10 episodes show
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:23:22 pm »
There's a couple of settings you probably need to adjust in order to show more episodes in your RSS feed, and in turn, your Apple Podcasts listing.
1.) Log in to your WordPress site. Hover over the Settings menu on the left-hand side and select Reading.
2.) Change the number in the "Syndication feeds show the most recent" box to a higher number like 50 or 100. Click the Save Changes button.
3.) Hover your mouse over the PowerPress link in the left-hand sidebar and select Settings. On the next screen, switch to Advanced Mode if you're not already there
4.) Click the Feeds tab. In the "Show the most recent" box, enter the same number you entered in step two. Click the Save Changes button.

Andrew Keates

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 12:46:02 pm »
Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue. I've gone to my player at www.arion-productions.com/showpeople and it's only showing ten episodes rather than the 25 episodes we have released. How can we display all of our episodes on our main site? It used to show them all and now there's only 10. I have followed all your steps as described in this post.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »
Andrew - I'm seeing all 25 episodes in the Playlist player. Clear your browser cache and try again, or look at the site in a different browser.

Andrew Keates

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:51:52 am »
I managed to solve the problem myself by going into the Powepress_Playlist.php and changing the limit from 10 to 100 and it fixed it :)

I do have another question though, the podcast is published to www.arion-productions.com/showpeople - however I have another website on the same FTP server at www.andrewkeates.co.uk and I would love to have the same playlist on that site - how do I integrate that feed in a playlist format at http://andrewkeates.co.uk/showpeoplepodcast/

Thank you!

Andrew

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 09:57:25 am »
There's really no way to create a PowerPress Playlist Player from an external site. The episode information must reside on the local site. There may be another plugin out there that can do something like that but I'm not personally familiar with one that'll do it.