Author Topic: Powerpress leaving out podcast file with scheduled posts  (Read 4252 times)

aric

Powerpress leaving out podcast file with scheduled posts
« on: June 22, 2009, 09:58:59 am »
I installed Powerpress two weeks ago to replace my aging Podpress plugin. And it works pretty great, except for one thing. Whenever I schedule a post with an MP3 in it, and everything looks and is working properly in the preview, the MP3 is wiped when the scheduled post actually posts.

So the text of the entry posts just fine, but there is no longer an MP3 file attached to the post. How can I fix this? I schedule my posts for Mondays, and the past two weeks have gone up without a podcast. I've had to go in and re-insert it to get things to work.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Powerpress leaving out podcast file with scheduled posts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:43:20 am »
I still haven't been able to duplicate this bug. Did this just start happening in WordPress 2.8? I use this feature as well with my podcast and will be able to confirm in a few days if it is a bug with WordPress 2.8.

aric

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 02:56:27 pm »
I've only used Powerpress in 2.8, so I can't say if it occurred in earlier versions or not.

aric

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:58:56 am »
Really? Nothing still? The issue persists.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:21 am »
I believe I've fixed the bug but I'm going to run a test first before I release it. Please be patient 1-2 more days.

khags

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 09:47:30 pm »
Been having the same issue - on Blubrry 0.8.3. I schedule the posts like I did historically (not sure if this was pre-2.8 or not), 9 AM Wednesday mornings, preview the posts and they look perfect, but 9 AM on Wednesday mornings, the MP3 file and player are not there on the blog. Any further resolution on this problem?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 09:19:09 am »
This is a bug with PowerPress and WordPress 2.8.x. I have a fix that I've been testing that solves this problem which I will be releasing sometime today. Please keep an eye out for PowerPress 0.8.4.

aric

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:08:45 am »
Thanks, angelo! I'll keep my eyes open.

aric

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:36 am »
Upgraded update, and the player no longer displays for any of my posts. The enclosure tag with the correct information still appears in edit mode though.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:30:51 am »
Can you share a link to your blog? Also, what theme are you using? If you have a link to the theme, that will be helpful.