Author Topic: Player appearance problems  (Read 404 times)

David Levin

Player appearance problems
« on: June 01, 2018, 09:10:50 am »
Using the standard player, a couple of things seem wrong:

1) The duration bar only extends half way. The end of the track is just short of the half way mark. The area to the right of it is black/empty.
2) The white bar representing the volume slide is below where it should be (aligned with the bottom of the player). The area where it should be is just grey.

I would include an attachment but can’t see how to do it. You can see it here: https://davidlevin.com/welcome-to-the-david-levin-show-podcast/

Suggestions for how to fix it?

Also, as a new user, I have multiple questions. The 1200 second delay between posts is pretty frustrating. Any way around that, at least temporarily? Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Player appearance problems
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 10:28:16 am »
The default PowerPress Media Player uses the MediaElement.js player that's included in WordPress. Sometimes, theme developers add their own formatting to the media player. Or, they (intentionally or otherwise) add formatting to the theme that impacts the player. You can try this: go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Website >> Having issues? and try the different options in the dropdown menu. Select the first option and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. If the first option doesn't solve the problem, repeat the process with the other options in the menu.

Can you explain more about the "1200 second delay?" When exactly are you noticing this?

David Levin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 10:40:31 am »
Okay, thanks. I've already done the first two Having issues? steps for the previous issue. I'll work farther down the list.

RE the 1200 second thing, every time I try to start a topic I get the error, unless it's been 20 minutes since my last post. So, even after I replied to your reply, I was frozen out for 20 minutes.

Thanks!

David

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:46:34 am »
Thanks for clarifying on the delay. No idea what might be causing that. The forum software is kinda old and I don't have access to the backend, so there's not much I can do. If you continue to need help and don't want to fight with it, go here:
https://www.blubrry.com/contact/
Click the Select link underneath All Other Inquiries and choose Technical Support. Fill out the form with your questions and someone will get back to you with assistance.

David Levin

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 10:51:17 am »
Okay, thank you. I appreciate that. By the way, the rest of the fixes didn't fix the player issue. I guess I'll just live with it.

Am I right that that fancier player is not available since I'm hosting the feed myself?

Thanks!

David

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 11:47:40 am »
The Blubrry Audio Player is available to Blubrry Media Hosting customers only. It can be used with self-hosed feeds. However, it can't be used with media files hosted anywhere other than Blubrry.

David Levin

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 01:51:20 pm »
I'm probably not clear about how it all works yet. Are my files hosted on Blubrry? I use your uploader. Does that mean they're hosted with you? Sorry for the newbie question.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 04:08:12 pm »
You have an active media hosting account, so you are able to use the Blubrry Audio Player.

You can enable it by hovering over the PowerPress link in the lefthand sidebar of your dashboard and clicking Audio Player in the popup menu. Select the Blubrry Audio Player and click the Activate and Configure Now link and then click the Save Changes button on the next page.