Author Topic: Migrating from PowerPress Site to WP on TMD Hosting  (Read 438 times)

Mack Hagood

• Rookie
Migrating from PowerPress Site to WP on TMD Hosting
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:35:15 pm »
Hello,

I am migrating from a Blubrry PowerPress Site to WordPress on TMD Hosting. The customer support at TMD have moved our blogposts but I don't know how to manage my paid Blubrry podcast hosting to the install of PowerPress I have on the new server. How do I get my episodes to appear on the new site? Will my podcast statistics remain?

I have tried using the Services and Statistics tab and clicking “Click Here to configure your Blubrry Statistics and Hosting services.” However, when I enter my email and pass and press "save," nothing seems to happen.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Mack

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Migrating from PowerPress Site to WP on TMD Hosting
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 01:23:01 am »
Are you leaving your media files to be hosted with Blubrry or are you moving those as well?

Mack Hagood

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:14:06 am »
I am keeping them on Blubrry.

However, when I try to use the  “Statistics and Hosting Integration” option, I'm getting the error message "cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds"

Currently, the DNS for my URL is still pointed to my Blubrry PowerPress Site. Could that have anything to do with my trouble logging in to Blubrry services from the new site? I kind of doubt it, but it's all I can think of.

Also, I'm using Safari and in the URL bar it says "Not Secure," so maybe Safari is not sending my log/pass to Blubrry?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:50:03 am »
When you're entering the username/password in to your site, you're using your Blubrry credentials, correct? Not your WordPress credentials? It needs to be the Blubrry credentials.

If you ever linked the PowerPress Site to your Blubrry account, log in there and unlink the two.

Mack Hagood

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 12:12:42 pm »
Yes, I'm using my Blubrry credentials. I just unlinked PowerPress from the old PowerPress site but that didn't help.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 12:16:18 pm »
Please go here:
https://www.blubrry.com/contact/
Click the Select link underneath All Other Inquiries and choose Technical Support. Fill out the form with your questions and someone will get back to you with assistance. We may need account information that wouldn't be good to post on a public forum.