Author Topic: Problem with iTunes subscribe link  (Read 232 times)

Sarah Villa-Kainec

• Rookie
Problem with iTunes subscribe link
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:07:35 pm »
Hi,

The itunes subscribe link on my PowerPress player is redirecting to another powerpress player on blubrry's site (the url starts with https://player.blubrry.com/). Even on that site, the itunes subscribe link is not pointed at my itunes feed (which makes me think it isn't something on my site since it's a problem on blubrry). It worked briefly after I changed various settings online. I'm not sure which one made it work, and I'm pretty frustrated with it.

Does someone have any ideas about how to get the itunes subscribe link pointed to my itunes feed rather than the blubrry player?

Thanks!

Sarah Villa-Kainec

• Rookie
Re: Problem with iTunes subscribe link
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:25:54 am »
So I have figured out what is causing it. If I leave the setting "Use iTunes episode image with player" unchecked on the Player Customization screen, it causes the wrong link appear for the itunes subscribe. If I check it, the subscribe button will direct to my itunes feed properly! I checked this multiple times, and it is indeed the issue.

I would really prefer to use my podcast logo image on the player, since the feature image is already at the top of the page. However, this is what makes it work for now, so it's what I will leave it as.

Any ideas how to resolve this otherwise?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Problem with iTunes subscribe link
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:26 am »
Are you using the embeddable Blubrry Audio Player that is for media hosting customers only? Or are you using the default MediaElement.js media player?