Author Topic: Embed Player not working  (Read 399 times)

Sarah Vespasian

• Rookie
Embed Player not working
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:21:42 am »
Hi, we are trying to set up our site and the Embed code from the player won't work...it just shows code and links to the player instead of showing the actual player...
https://middleofeverythingpodcast.com/episodes/

It shows up when I'm in editing mode, but when I publish the post it's just the html again...

Thoughts?

thank you!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:39:06 pm by Sarah Vespasian »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Embed Player not working
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 12:23:21 pm »
If you're manually copying/pasting the embed codes into your posts, make sure you're doing so on the Text side of the post editor, not the Visual side.

Sarah Vespasian

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:39:49 pm »
I am...just added another note, it shows as working when I'm in Edit mode, but goes away when I publish the post...

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 01:05:12 pm »
Try this: go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Website >> Having issues? and try the different options in the dropdown menu. Select the first option and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. If the first option doesn't solve the problem, repeat the process with the other options in the menu.

Sarah Vespasian

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 01:15:16 pm »
We aren't using Power Press because we have a wordpress.com site...it was already setup when we found Blubrry and we didn't realize we couldn't get the plug in until it was too late. 

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 01:32:07 pm »
OK, thanks for clarifying.

Unfortunately, the Blubrry Audio Player isn't supported by wordpress .com. You can enter direct links to your media files into your posts and that'l spawn the default WordPress media player on your posts. But that's the only option at this time.