Author Topic: Flash of Unstyled Content re: audio player  (Read 400 times)

Brett Watson

Flash of Unstyled Content re: audio player
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:35:37 pm »
Hi. I'm using a bit of css to change the colors of the text for my audio player and there is a flash of the old settings when the pages load. Any ideas on how to get rid of this FOUC? Thanks!

http://www.humbot.yournec.org/2018/02/22/redwood-coast-energy-authority-proposes-offshore-wind-project/

Here is the code:

/* centers audio player text and changes link color to black */
.powerpress_links {
  text-align: center;
}
.powerpress_links a {
  color: #444444;
}

I am using the Newspaper Wordpress theme by TagDiv.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:40:26 pm by Brett Watson »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Flash of Unstyled Content re: audio player
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:41:08 pm »
I've loaded your site in Safari and Chrome on my Mac and I'm not seeing the flash. What browsers/devices are you seeing it on?

Brett Watson

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 05:52:54 pm »
Thank you for looking. I am using Chrome. It is very brief and it appears where the actual player itself is positioned. Sometimes I dont see it but when I hit "refresh" I can see the old player and text color flash for a second.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 12:04:04 pm »
It could be something else in your theme that's causing it. I'm afraid I'm not that versed in CSS. You can try this: go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Website >> Having issues? and try the different options in the dropdown menu. Select the first option and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. If the first option doesn't solve the problem, repeat the process with the other options in the menu.