Author Topic: How to remove an episode from the feed?  (Read 354 times)

Sébastien Arbogast

• Rookie
How to remove an episode from the feed?
« on: March 31, 2018, 11:24:28 am »
I'm just getting started with Blubrry and the Powerpress plugin. I was getting ready to submit my feed to iTunes and I noticed that Powerpress included an extra episode before my podcast episode in the feed. In fact, the blog already existed before and there was a post with an MP3 file in it, and apparently Powerpress thought it was a podcast episode, but it's really not.
How can I remove this episode from the feed now? And more importantly how can I prevent that from happening again by only including posts where I explicitly configured a podcast file?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: How to remove an episode from the feed?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 01:21:26 pm »
In the WordPress dashboard, go to the post that contains the media file you don't want in your podcast feed. Look for the Podcast Episode box underneath the main blog post. You may see a checkbox that says "Modify Existing Podcast Episode." If so, check the box and then remove the Podcast Episode from that post completely and update the post.

WordPress itself has some low-level podcasting functionality and when you drop a direct link to a media file into a WordPress post, WordPress wraps that link in an enclosure tag. So, when you activate PowerPress for the first time, it sees that enclosure tag and assumes it must be a Podcast Episode.