Author Topic: Time limit for podfader... Great idea!!! Bravo!!!  (Read 5958 times)

Yuzzy

Time limit for podfader... Great idea!!! Bravo!!!
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:46:37 am »
There is two things that I just love from Blubrry.

The first is the way they display the podcasts... from the latest update to the oldest. This way, it's not always the same 10 to 20 podcasts that are displayed. Everyone has its chance to get on the storefront. I'm just tired of seeing The Dawn and Drew, Twit and Ask A Ninja on top of every list. The good pocasts are not always the most popular.

The second thing i love is that new 90 days time limit. Die podfaders die!!! I'm so damn tired of subscribing to podcasts that just don't update anymore. 90 days is just perfect!

Thank you Blubrry  ;)

Every damn directory out there should do the same.

Todd

• Administrator
Re: Time limit for podfader... Great idea!!! Bravo!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 05:09:22 pm »
I pulled another 20 off the site today and over the next month we will completly clean house. I research every site and make sure they did indeed podfade and when we are sure they have they get dropped. I hope by the end of the month their will be no shows on the site that have episodes older than 90 days..

What else can we do to make your experience on the site more enjoyable.

Todd...

Yuzzy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 07:36:52 am »
"What else can we do to make your experience on the site more enjoyable."

Make me rich and famous... that's all I'm asking...

Mikethinks

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »
The only issue I forsee in this kind of practice is losing some good podcast that are dedicated to a seasonal topic (TV shows or Sport for example).  Perhaps there would be a way for these show to mark themselves on hiatus for the off season.  Im thinking something that would alert potential subscribers to the fact that new eppisodes are not being produced at the moment but they will return on <<insert date>>.

:-\

Yuzzy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:20:40 pm »
Good point... But still, 90 days is not that bad for someone to have a short 30 sec episode saying "hello" to the fans. I worry more for the referencial podcasts. Things like online cours, online trainings or learning podcast. These podcast are still useful from the first to the last episode. They could logicaly survive a 90 days without being useless. These could be spared from this rule.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 11:52:50 pm »
Just remember this is a community of active podcasters it is not a place to put a podcast and just forget the listing is there. We expect to have people actively podcasting that are on blubrry. There are plenty of other sites where a podcast needs can be listed if just looking to get more exposure for content that is essentially dead.

Yuzzy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 07:30:16 am »
Ohh no. I Was talking about the concept being executed on other website. Here the 90 days is just fine. My point was that other podcast library should also have a 90 days time limit but with a more flexible policy for learning and referencial podcast.

Don't worry.... I don't see no one here standing in front of the blubrry 90 days policy.