Author Topic: Troubles when attempting to login to Podcast Connect  (Read 4021 times)

PodPá!

• Rookie
Troubles when attempting to login to Podcast Connect
« on: March 23, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »
Hi everyone,

I hope you guys can help me out because I don't know what to do anymore!

I recently created a new podcast and I'm trying to submit it to iTunes but with no success. I authorized my PC in iTunes (windows), went to the store, selected the podcast category, and clicked submit podcast. I was redirected to podcastconnect, entered my AppleID and my password. Then, I was lead to a Terms of Service page, have clicked on Agree and finally triggered the accept button.

After all these steps, I get a default error page "We can't proccess your request. Try to reload the page. If the problem persists, contact us" and a link to the iTunes Connect homepage.

I tried this homepage and got the same issue.

I don't know if it helps, but that is the error page URL I'm being redirected: https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/defaultError

I tried from another computer and from different web browsers (including safari) as well. Unfortunately I don't own any apple devices to test it.

Oh, I also checked the services for my country and it's all OK and already cleaned my web browser's cache (in all web browsers tested).

I tried to contact the apple support for end-users (at the number 08007610880) and the apple support for developers (at number 08000474883). The guys from the end-user support told me that I would try with the developer support team. However the developer support guys told me to contact you here (at podcastsupport@apple.com).

I'll try to give you as details as possible.

1 - I access my iTunes, go the Store, select the podcast category and, in the right-side menu, I click in submit podcast, as the image below shows (terms are in Portuguese);
Image 1 link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yooffj4rgr186lx/1.png?dl=0

2 - After, the program leads me to a web page (as the following image shows) to log in iTunes connect. Then I enter my AppleID, password, and hit enter;
Image 2 link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/484rykmh5rf3u5e/2.png?dl=0

3 - Then, I'm lead to a Terms of Service page. I accept the terms, and click "accept";
Image 3 link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wwh6cwrk83muqr/3.png?dl=0

4 - Then, I'm lead to a "Default Error" page, (as you can see indicated by the URL in the image below) with no further description about the error;
Image 4 link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftm12amzo4iar9w/4.png?dl=0

[I tried to find some relevant information in the error page's source code, but I didn't find anything useful]

5 - After all these steps, if I click in the iTunes Connect start session page link, I'm lead to the following page;
Image 5 link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/484rykmh5rf3u5e/2.png?dl=0

If I click in Podcast Connect, I'm lead to the same page showed in th step 2 and the same cicle occurs again, again, and again (in loop, no matter how many times I try it).

How can I solve that and submit my feed to iTunes?

Besides all this I wrote above, I also tried to access from a macOS VM, with proxy (the proxy test I did on Windows too), etc... The final test I could do would be using an Apple device to be sure of all possibilities. But this one I can't do because, again, I don't own any Apple devices and I don't know anyone in my country who owns one (an Apple device here is like gold. Actually, my country has the most expensive iPhone in the whole world).

I also sent almost the same message to the podcastsupport@apple.com, but I didn't get any response so far.

I'm from Brazil. Since now I would like to express my gratitude for your attention and patience. I also would like to apologize for possible translation errors (my English is very rusty).

Thank you all!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Troubles when attempting to login to Podcast Connect
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 01:30:46 am »
If you're using a new Apple ID, and/or just never have done this, try logging into the iTunes Store from within the iTunes desktop application and accepting all of the various terms they give you. This has helped some users get around the problem you're having.

PodPá!

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 06:51:56 am »
Thanks for your reply!

Wich terms are these? Because, yes, my AppleID is new, but I've downloaded iTunes, logged into it with my AppleID and even authorized my computer.

I don't remember these terms you're mentioning. Do these pop when or I have to search it?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 03:21:43 pm »
Authorizing the account within the application may be enough. I haven't had to deal with this myself, so I'm not sure exactly what the process is. Have you tried logging in to Podcasts Connect again?

PodPá!

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 09:22:54 am »
I already authorized my PC in iTunes and also tried to log to podcast connect again after this process (I mentioned this in the first message) but nothing happens

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 12:24:48 pm »
This is ultimately a problem on Apple's end. The best thing to do would be to contact iTunes support. You can do so by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page:
http://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview

PodPá!

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 04:12:41 pm »
I thought the same thing. Actually, as I mentioned in the first message, I already contacted them in the PodcastSupport@apple.com e-mail but they are taking too long to answer me (about 4 days already and no answer until now). That's the reason I've posted my message here.

One way or another, I have to wait Apple's answer. I really appreciate you attention, Shawn. Thank you!

Alan Welchel

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 07:22:26 pm »
Hello I have encountered the same problem with not being able to get past accepting Terms of Services window. I have also submitted a request to Apple Support, but no answer yet. I know this is an old thread so did you get help or find out how to login? Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 07:30:37 pm »
Alan - Apple is currently doing some work on its end, causing many podcasters to have trouble with Podcasts Connect. They are aware of the issues and they are working on them. But there's no ETA as of yet as to when they'll be back to normal.