Author Topic: old podcasts don't appear in itunes  (Read 162 times)

Ann Kelley

old podcasts don't appear in itunes
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:24:21 pm »
I've checked iTunes and the podcast app on my iphone and our earliest podcast episodes (4 of them) do not appear in available episodes

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: old podcasts don't appear in itunes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:12 pm »
If you're using the Blubrry PowerPress plugin (or a Blubrry PowerPress Site), there's probably a couple settings you need to change to get all of your episodes to show up:
1.) Log in to your WordPress site. Hover over the Settings menu on the left-hand side and select Reading.
2.) Change the number in the "Syndication feeds show the most recent" box to a higher number like 300. Click the Save Changes button.
3.) Hover your mouse over the PowerPress link in the left-hand sidebar and select Settings. On the next screen, switch to Advanced Mode if you're not already there
4.) Click the Feeds tab. In the "Show the most recent" box, enter the same number you entered in step two. Click the Save Changes button.
5.) Clear any site caches, if applicable.

It may take up to 24 hours before you see the changes represented in your Apple Podcasts listing. If your listing doesn't update with the proper amount of episodes, please let me know.

Ann Kelley

Re: old podcasts don't appear in itunes
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 05:53:07 pm »
Thank you! I'll watch for the older podcasts to reappear.