Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 1471 times)

Bryan Dias

Spotify
« on: March 21, 2018, 02:43:44 pm »
Hi All - I submitted my podcast through Blubrry to Spotify about a month ago and just saw that it has been approved. I clicked on the link in "destinations" on the podcaster dashboard - message had changed from "application under review" to "Your show has been approved by Spotfy!" and the link to the latest 10 episodes.

Some questions - I don't yet see a field in PowerPress to put the link (and therefore have it included in the subscribe options and such a la itunes, google, etc.) Will this be forthcoming?

Also, I did not receive any sort of email confirmation (either from Spotify or Blubrry.) Is there a login/admin type page on Spotify I can access to change any sort of settings, add artwork (I believe I included a logo in the original application, can't exactly recall - but, only see the Blubrry logo on my page), etc.?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Bryan

The NOLADrinks Show with Bryan Dias

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Spotify
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:42:52 pm »
The dev team is currently researching adding a Spotify link to the Destinations tab of PowerPress.

Spotify doesn't appear to be notifying anyone directly when they approve podcasts (that includes individual podcasters as well as Blubrry). Sorry for the inconvenience.

There's currently no admin panel within Spotify for podcasters. I haven't seen anything that indicates they'll be adding something like that in the future.

Bryan Dias

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »
Thanks, Shawn. I appreciate the response. Certainly, different than the other platforms. I will be on the lookout for new developments. Certainly, a link would be great for an integrates presentation to listeners.

Cheers,
Bryan

Jamal Aljaafreh

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 05:31:09 pm »
Hi! I did the same thing as Bryan and when I click on the link provided under destinations, or try to search for my podcast in Spotify, it either says "Woops, I couldn't find that," or it never stops searching. What should I do?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:01:41 pm »
Jamal - Sporify's implementation of podcasting is still being refined. There seems to be a delay between the time our system gets acknowledgement a show has been listed and it actually appears in their directory.

Try clearing your browser cache and clicking the link in your dashboard again and see if that makes any difference. If not, you may just need to wait a few days for it to work correctly.

Jenna Spinelle

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 04:12:45 pm »
I've had the "Sorry, couldn't find that" message on the Spotify link provided by Blubrry for at least a month now. https://open.spotify.com/show/7qEuyayy0upbfpvI212H9I   

It's pulling my episodes, but there's not a dedicated show page on Spotify. Any idea what might be going on or how long it will be that way?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 01:00:29 pm »
The best move with anything Spotify-related at this point will be to contact Spotify support directly by e-mailing podcasts@spotify.com and see what they have to say.

Jenna Spinelle

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 03:52:40 pm »
I heard back from Spotify that the issue a blank description tag in my feed. This is what I received from their support rep:

The feed still has an empty description tag. Take a look at the feed here - https://feeds.blubrry.com/spotify/546735
17 lines down there is an empty description tag. This is making the feed invalid.

I've updated all of the fields in the "Feeds" section of my PowerPress dashboard. Is there somewhere else I need to go to update the description tag Spotify is looking for?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 05:43:12 pm »
Go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Feeds tab >> Feed Description and make sure you've got something entered in to the field and then click the Save Changes button.

Then, hover over the PowerPress Sites Settings menu at the top of the page. Click Clear Cache then click Clear Entire Site Cache. Let me know when you've done that and I'll take another look at the feed.

Jenna Spinelle

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:19 pm »
It worked. Thank you!

Mark Carter

• Rookie
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 04:13:23 pm »
Go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Feeds tab >> Feed Description and make sure you've got something entered in to the field and then click the Save Changes button.

Then, hover over the PowerPress Sites Settings menu at the top of the page. Click Clear Cache then click Clear Entire Site Cache. Let me know when you've done that and I'll take another look at the feed.

Hey Shawn,

Where do I find that clear entire site cache button? In the Powerpress plugin settings? Simple or advanced mode? I am running the current version of the Powerpress plugin on WP 4.9.8 and I can't find the option to clear my cache through Powerpress.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 10:27:28 pm »
Mark - that particular caching option is available to Blubrry PowerPress Sites users only. If you're using some other version of WordPress, it's not there.

Mark Carter

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 11:28:31 am »
Got it, thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
Glad to see that cleared things up for you, Mark.

This thread is now considered resolved and will be locked to further replies.