Author Topic: iTunes Podcast Image  (Read 730 times)

NHCF Webmaster

iTunes Podcast Image
« on: March 29, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »
Our iTunes podcast image only shows after someone subscribes. it does not show in the search feature. What do I need to add or change in the PowerPress Plugin? Thank you.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: iTunes Podcast Image
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »
Please reply with a link to your show's listing in the Apple Podcasts directory so we can take a closer look at what's going on.

NHCF Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 08:36:25 pm »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 08:45:37 pm »
Your current iTunes image file might be a little off spec. Do this:
1.) Download this slightly modified version of your artwork file and upload it to your site and then add it to the PowerPress artwork settings and save the changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuddrxcu6mkfphi/NewHopePodcastArt.jpg?dl=0
2.) Log in to FeedBurner and click the Resync button under the Troubleshootize tab
3.) Wait 24 hours for the Apple Podcasts directory to update and see if it picks up the new artwork

NHCF Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:49 pm »
Thank you very much. I just completed the steps. Now we wait.
May I ask how the image was off?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 04:21:13 pm »
I noticed when I looked at the file metadata, it came up as "Generic RGB Profile," instead of just "RGB." I don't actually know if that was the issue, but it might've been. The file I sent you is absolutely just "RGB."

NHCF Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:35:25 am »
I did everything you stated and it still does not show up after 24 hours in the search feature of iTunes. Please advise. Thank you.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 12:42:34 pm »
I see your Apple Podcasts listing here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id1364560925

Still isn't showing any artwork. Go to https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/ and log in with your Apple ID. Click the artwork for your show and then click the "refresh feed” link. It may still take up to 24 hours for your iTunes Store listing to update.

NHCF Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 09:28:29 pm »
I apologize about the constant replies. I followed everything you said to do and it is still not working in the search feature. What else could I do?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 12:07:21 am »
If you're using FeedBurner's SmartCast feature, try turning it off. It tends to cause problems and everything SmartCast does is already happening within your source feed generated by PowerPress.

NHCF Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 01:32:52 pm »
I was not useimg smart cast. I made sure everything in the feed burner was deactivated. I am still having issues. Should I delete the picture completely from the Wordpress database and upload it again under a new file name?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 11:12:52 pm »
What is the URL to the source feed you're using with FeedBurner?

NHCF Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 01:37:29 pm »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 12:05:43 am »
I manually subscribed directly to both the source feed and the FeedBurner feed using desktop iTunes on my iMac and the artwork showed up for both. So, the artwork file itself does technically work.

I doubt this would make any difference but you never know with Apple. The file you currently have uploaded for your artwork ends in a ".jpeg" extension. See if you can change it so the extension it just ".jpg"

You may have to reupload the file, as I'm not sure WordPress itself will allow you to change actual filenames.