Author Topic: Connecting with listeners  (Read 505 times)

Clive Lovett

• Rookie
Connecting with listeners
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:59:33 pm »
Hi All,
I co-host a podcast about sci-fi and fantasy gaming. Looking forward to having discussions about podcasting in this group!
Our podcast is relatively new, we have recorded and published 7 episodes and we are learning something new every time we record. I will have plenty of questions for all the experts in this group :)

We record every two weeks. One issue is connecting with our podcast. How do you contact your listeners outside of the information given in your podcast? Twitter and FaceBook are obvious, but are there any other ways of communicating immediately with your audience to give them updates, reminders etc?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to creating great relationships in this group.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Connecting with listeners
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:43:10 pm »
One thing to do is to get involved in communities that are relevant to your niche and then find "passive" ways to promote your show within those communities. Don't join a relevant Facebook group and then just start spamming up the place with links to your show. Instead, engage in conversations. Provide value to the people there. And when it may become appropriate, you can drop a plug for your show.

Another thing would be to go to conventions/meetups that are relevant to your niche. They may have an area where you can drop off promo materials like flyers, business cards, etc. You'll also be able to organically start conversations there with people who are into your topic, which'll make it easier to mention your show and hand over a business card. Make sure your card includes your website URL and mentions all of the popular places it can be found (Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, etc.) so people can look for it where they're already listening to podcasts.