Author Topic: Cannot completely delete Power Press  (Read 521 times)

Shane Alexander Caldwell

• Rookie
Cannot completely delete Power Press
« on: January 23, 2018, 04:00:38 pm »
Hi,

I established a Blubrry account that I hooked up to my wordpress installation via Power Press. I changed my mind on the name so I simply deleted the existing Blubrry account and created a new one thinking I could just swap over my wordpress site.

Despite having deleted and reinstalled the Power Press plugin several times and even via sftp, I am still being hooked up to the old account by default and not able to transfer to the new one.

Please help :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:05:21 pm by Shane Alexander Caldwell »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Cannot completely delete Power Press
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:55:02 pm »
Your PowerPress settings are stored in your WordPress database. Deleting the plugin files on your WordPress site doesn't change that.

Please follow these steps:
1.) Go to blubrry.com and if you're already logged in, log out (if you're not logged in, go to step 2)
2.) Clear your browser cache
3.) Log into your WordPress dashboard and go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Services & Stats and click the "Click here to configure..." button
4.) Enter your Blubrry username and password into the popup box and click Remove and follow any confirmation screens that come up after
5.) Repeat steps 3 and 4 but instead of clicking Remove, click Save instead to reauthorize your site's connection to your Blubrry account