Author Topic: how to hide the blubrry website address  (Read 518 times)

Brendan Carmel

• Rookie
how to hide the blubrry website address
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:39:34 am »
Hi,

I'm a new user to Blubrry and the PowerPress plugin. We have setup most of the PowerPress site ok and have listed our first 6 podcasts there ok.

I purchased a new domain name for the podcast to make it easier for subscribers to go to this address - lets call it domain.com.  I have pointed my domain to the blubrry site so anyone typing in domain.com gets redirected to mypodcast.blubrry.net. Once a viewer gets redirect to mypodcast.blubrry.net they see 'mypodcast.blubrry.net' as the domain.

How do I 'hide' "mypodcast.blubrry.net" so the viewer only sees domain.com in the browser? is this done at blubrry.com or from where I purchased the domain? (which was GoDaddy)?

Apologies for such a basic question, but I can't seem to find the answer in the PowerPress manual or on the Blubrry site.

Brendan

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: how to hide the blubrry website address
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:00:19 am »
The best thing to do would be to use PowerPress Sites Deluxe and map the domain to your PowerPress Site:
https://create.blubrry.com/powerpress-sites/getting-started/domain-dns-setup/
(If you're currently using PowerPress Sites Basic, this will require a paid upgrade.)

The only other thing I can think of would be to set up domain masking thru GoDaddy (if that's even an option, I'm not sure). I can't say with 100% certainty that'll work, but if it does, when someone loads your domain name into a browser and is then forwarded to your PowerPress Site, their web browser will display your top-level domain name until they leave the PowerPress Site. Blubrry itself provides no support for this, but you may be able to set it up within GoDaddy.

Brendan Carmel

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:52:46 pm »
Thanks Shaun.

Problem solved:

I checked on GoDaddy and found that there is an option for 'forwarding' or 'forwarding with masking'. I selected forwarding with masking and all good now!

Brendan

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »
Thanks for the update!