Author Topic: MediaElement player overlapping controls  (Read 558 times)

Gamebits

MediaElement player overlapping controls
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:21:30 am »
I'm using the MediaElement player in a theme called Responsiveness. The controls in the embedded player overlap, as seen in this screenshot:

https://kenbox.org/index.php/s/day5jyXcudK348O

The problem goes away when I switch to any other theme. Should I contact the theme developer to ask why this is happening, or is it something to do with PowerPress? (I've tried all four "Having Issues?" fixes.)

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: MediaElement player overlapping controls
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:15:45 am »
Please ensure you're running the latest version of PowerPress. Then, go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Website >> Having issues? and try the different options in the dropdown menu. Select the first option and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. If the first option doesn't solve the problem, repeat the process with the other options in the menu. If none of the options in the menu are helpful, then you should contact the theme developer for assistance. MediaElement.js player is used by PowerPress but it is a core function of WordPress, so the theme shouldn't have trouble displaying it.

Gamebits

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:50:18 pm »
Hi, Shawn —

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd tried the "Having Issues?" options, as mentioned, but they didn't help. After your note, I reached out to the theme developer, but he told me to contact the plugin developer, despite me linking to this thread in my original email. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I played with the theme's style.css and eventually found the conflicted was caused by this declaration:

button {padding:10px 20px 5px!important;}

I removed !important, and the issue was resolved.

-Ken

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:55:17 pm »
Glad to see you found a solution! Thanks for sharing it here.