Author Topic: Missing argument 1 for get_post_type_object()  (Read 883 times)

John Messina

• Rookie
Missing argument 1 for get_post_type_object()
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:48:47 pm »
I'm getting the following error on all of my pages:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for get_post_type_object(), called in .../public_html/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpress-subscribe.php on line 173 and defined in .../public_html/wp-includes/post.php on line 933

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Missing argument 1 for get_post_type_object()
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:57:21 pm »
Deactivate, delete, and reinstall the PowerPress plugin and see if that helps. Also, ensure everything in your WordPress site is up to date.

John Messina

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 11:46:24 am »
Unfortunately, that didn't resolve the issue.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:00 am »
A coulee things to consider:
1.) Try the diagnostic suggestions listed here and see if you come up with anything:
https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/using-powerpress/diagnosing-feed-andor-player-issues-with-powerpress/
2.) Contact support for the company that's hosting your website and see if they can check their logs for anything that might be causing the problem. If you go this route, and they reply with anything, feel free to post it here if it's not clear as to what they're saying.

John Messina

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 12:37:58 pm »
I went through and disabled plugins.  I thought maybe the recently added ones to enable SSL might be the cause, but that's not the case.  Because of an issue we had getting SSL working, the hosting company moved /wp-content from a subdirectory to the root directory.  I believe I've found all the instances where paths have changed.  I only see that in the artwork tab.  Is there anything hidden that could potentially be looking at a bad path?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »
Nothing hidden I can think of but this is starting to fall into dev territory so I'm gonna ask someone from the dev team to look at this thread. They'll respond or I will respond with their answer.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »
The dev team has asked me to thank you, John. You found a bug! They fixed it and you can download a special pre-release version of PowerPress here:
https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/powerpress.zip
That contains the bug fix. I'd recommend deactivating and deleting your current version of PowerPress (don't worry, your settings are saved in the WordPress database) and then manually installing the above version.

John Messina

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 07:25:59 am »
I just installed the patch.  Everything appears to be working.  I no longer get the error.  Thank you for the quick responses!  I appreciate all the help.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 03:57:53 pm »
Glad to see everything's working now!

If you've found the support we've provided here to be of value, please consider leaving a review for PowerPress:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/powerpress/reviews/?rate=5#new-post
These reviews help us with future development of the plugin, and we'd really appreciate it!