Author Topic: Is there a way to set a "screenshot" of my videocast on the blubrry player?  (Read 3488 times)

drsheck

I just setup my first videocast using blubrry instead of youtube.  I notice on my website, the videocast shows up on the blog post as the black blubrry player with the blubrry logo.  When I've used youtube, it's given me a choice of "screenshots" to show up on the blog post, which can definitely be more informative.  Can that be done here?

Thanks,
Adam

www.passion101.com  (videocast is titled "biggest problem for couples"

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
You can customize the video player image in PowerPress by adding a line to the wp-config.php file. Please visit the Advanced Tweaks page on the blubrry Help (direct link: http://help.blubrry.com/blubrry-powerpress/advanced-tweaks/) andd see the section titled "I want to customize my play icon".

e.g. line:
Code: [Select]
define("POWERPRESS_PLAY_IMAGE", "http://server.com/full/path/to/image.jpg");

The line must be added before the include line near the bottom of the file.

drsheck

Thanks, that would definitely be an improvement.  However, I'd like more than just a different icon there, I'd like a different screenshot, such as youtube does (now it gives a choice of three, taken from the video).  I just like the picture of me with the title of the videocast superimposed over it, simple enough.  I'll check the link you suggested and perhaps that does what I'm asking.
Thanks,
Adam

drsheck

tried to add the line, but got the error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /blog/wp-config.php on line 30

i used the .jpg file of myself, syntax was accurate, same used to place the pic in the blog.  any suggestions?

drsheck

fixed the syntax error
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:34:49 pm »
I copied the syntax from your code and it had the "curly" quotes which were rejected I guess.  However, the picture of me just looks like a picture of me, so no indication that it is really a video player, so I deleted that one, didn't make sense.  Still open to how to make it different for different videoposts.
Thanks,
Adam

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Can you reply witht he line you tried to add with the ":" error?

drsheck

sorry, guess i wasn't clear.  it was the curly quotes.  when i replaced them, the code worked, thought the "play" icon would be replaced with my picture, but everything was replaced with a big picture of me.   did you still want the code?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
I think what you are referring to is when the video is loaded to be played but the user has not clicked play yet. That is something you need to set in the video file itself, or something you can do if the video is in flv format. Videos from video sharing sites use flv files, which is what youtube uses to display video via their own flash player. Other video formats cannot be played in the flash player, limiting the control applications like PowerPress have to insert data before or after playback.

drsheck

Yes, I am referring to what is seen on the videoplayer prior to clicking "play".  I have a screenshoot still of me on the videocast that lasts for first 10 seconds of video with me on audio prior to the interview.  It doesn't show up on the "before play" screen at all, so I'm not sure what you're suggesting.  What shows up is black screen with the blue blubrry icon "play" button.  When I use the code to replace the icon with my photo, it makes my photo the entire "pre" screen without any "play" button at all.  I just want it to show a screenshot of my first frame of the video with a play button superimposed over it.  Can that be done?  Sorry I haven't been clear enough with this.
Thanks,
Adam

drsheck

fyi, i'm hosting this video myself and it's in m4v format
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »
made it on imovie, if that helps.
Adam

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
It cannot be done on a per-episode basis. It can only be done globally to all episodes via the define mentioned above.