Author Topic: No email address in RSS feed- Google needs <itunes:email> or <googleplay:email>  (Read 748 times)

Justin W

• Rookie
Hello!  I'm using Powerpress for Wordpress.

Attempting to submit my podcast feed to Google Play, it's being rejected because the feed itself doesn't have <itunes:email> or <googleplay:email> tags in it.

I've filled out the email address field in both the Powerpress>>>Settings>>>iTunes and Google Play tabs, they're saved and the iTunes feed is working fine, but the tags Google Play wants aren't showing up in the feed itself here: http://nintendorks.net/feed/podcast/

1) Did I disable the email tags from showing up in the feed?

2) Can I brute-force it and just manually add the tags to the feed itself?  If so, where?

Thank you!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Make sure you're putting an actual e-mail address into these fields. You can't put in something like "N/A" or a website URL. it needs to be youraddress@yourdomain .com  If you are putting in an actual address, turn off any caching plugins, as they may be "holding on" to an older version of the feed and not updating properly.

Justin W

• Rookie
Check and check - Using a real email address, not using any caching plugins.  Those tags still aren't showing up in the feed (and Google needs one of them to appear in order to start the submission process).

How about plan B - modifying the feed manually to insert those tags?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
You can't manually edit RSS feeds generated by WordPress. Can you take screenshots of the pages where you're entering the e-mail address and either post links to them here or send them to shawn@blubrry.com ?

Justin W

• Rookie
Sure thing, email sent.

David Zach van Noppen

• Rookie
Hello,

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem and was wondering if there was a fix.

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
David - Please go here:
https://www.blubrry.com/contact/
Click the Select link underneath All Other Inquiries and choose Technical Support. Fill out the form with your questions and someone will get back to you with assistance.