Author Topic: When using categories Feed won't validate in Itunes  (Read 793 times)

Christian

• Rookie
When using categories Feed won't validate in Itunes
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:34:48 pm »
I would like one category of my wordpress blog to be used for podcasting. 
When I enable category posting iTunes wont validate due to "no explicit" selection...but it is selected.

If I stop category posting iTunes will validate it but then I have all my normal text posts in the podcast feed.

Something isn't right, has anyone experienced this?

http://www.unitedfaithchurch.org/category/one-thing-audio/podcast/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:37:50 pm by cl@ufchome.org »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: When using categories Feed won't validate in Itunes
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:21:17 pm »
Have you turned on Category Podcasting in the PowerPress Settings and added all of the necessary settings for the category feed?
https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/advanced-tools-and-options/category-podcasting/

Christian

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:20:27 am »
thanks for the quick reply...

yes I did that but deleted the category and tried again and still get the same error.  everything is accepted except the explicit tag

I tried every combo of settings from the feed and category tabs and the different url options.

If I use the blog (all categories) as the feed url it is accepted so don't know why one category isn't

If I use a feed checker it only gives one warning for not specifying what type of document it is, but does that have anything to do with the itunes explicit tag error?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 11:56:33 am »
Here's the exact steps to set the explicit tag:

1.) Log into your WordPress site
2.) Hover over the PowerPress link in the lefthand sidebar and select Category Podcasting
3.) Click the Edit link underneath the One Thing Audio category
4.) Go to iTunes tab, make the correct selection from the iTunes Explicit dropdown menu, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page

If you've done all of these steps correctly, and you have a caching plugin turned on, deactivate that plugin temporarily, as it may be "holding on" to an older version of your feed.

Christian

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:38:31 pm »
Just wanted to follow up and say that your instructions worked perfectly and allowed me to submit it.  Thanks again!!!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 03:48:27 pm »
Glad to see that took care of the problem!

If you've found the support we've provided here to be of value, please consider leaving a review for PowerPress:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/powerpress/reviews/?rate=5#new-post
These reviews help us with future development of the plugin, and we'd really appreciate it!