Author Topic: Mixcloud and acast  (Read 890 times)

Gamebits

Mixcloud and acast
« on: June 11, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »
Given the countless podcast directories that exist, I don't mean to suggest going down the rabbit hole of adding all of them — but would it be worth adding Mixcloud and Acast to the "Destinations" settings tab and widget support?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Mixcloud and acast
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:09:57 pm »
There's no way at present to add more destinations to the PowerPress options but I will forward your request to the PowerPress dev team for consideration.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:26:07 pm »
Hello Gamebits,

We will add destinations as long as the directories are public and available to everyone.

Can you reply with examples of their subscribe links? Do acast and mixcloud have documentation how their subscribe links work and on which platforms?

Thanks,
Angelo

Gamebits

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 06:23:21 pm »
Angelo,

Thanks for the quick reply!  Here are links to one of my podcasts on Mixcloud and acast, respectively:

https://www.mixcloud.com/polygamer/
https://www.acast.com/polygamer

Not being a developer, I'm unfamiliar with what additional information might be needed or available, unfortunately.

-Ken

Tony Hammarlund

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 03:18:46 am »
I'll add a vote for adding Acast to the destination options.
Many of my listeners also use Overcast.

Maybe there could be an option to add destinations manually by updating with links to the episodes on other platforms.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 11:43:58 am »
Tony - I have forwarded your suggestions to Blubrry's dev team for consideration in future versions of PowerPress.